Fiamm 'Freeway Blaster" horn

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I've been trying to locate one as a replacement for my bikes' meek horn.
I wrote Fiamm's distributor in Singapore...asking if they distribute in Thailand. No reply. I can find stores selling the horn (in the US) on the Net, but none (so far) will ship to Thailand...or it's _very_ expensive for an $18 horn.

I want a single "freeway Blaster'_low_ tone horn.

Anyone know of a shop in Thailand has them...or a decent alternative source? Or..maybe another brand of horn, available in Thailand, that will curl the hair on other drivers.

thanks...!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Ive got 300 baht copy Fiamm electric horns on the AT & they work fine. Check out the car accessory shops - you'll be surprised what's available for a cheap price.

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
On Charoen Muang road near CM Tech college is an automotive electrical shop that has an assortment of horns. Brand name and copies. They also have all the fittings to wire it up right.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote:

Originally posted by cdrw

I've been trying to locate one as a replacement for my bikes' meek horn.
I wrote Fiamm's distributor in Singapore...asking if they distribute in Thailand. No reply. I can find stores selling the horn (in the US) on the Net, but none (so far) will ship to Thailand...or it's _very_ expensive for an $18 horn.

I want a single "freeway Blaster'_low_ tone horn.

Anyone know of a shop in Thailand has them...or a decent alternative source? Or..maybe another brand of horn, available in Thailand, that will curl the hair on other drivers.

thanks...!

On Sukhumvit road on the Bangkok side of the Naklua Road traffic lights, on the Bangkok side of some old wooden shop houses, on the north side of the road, at the corner of a soi you will see an automotive spare parts shop with Isuzu, Mitsubishi, et.al. logos.

If they don't have one they will know who does. They have mosly everything else so your chance is good. Having a sample or a picture makes it easier but they do speak a little English if you don't.

In BKK Klong Tom (spelling) market.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
A big thanks to those that offered suggestions on finding a horn. I finally found a hardware store, in Pattaya where I reside, which has some bike accessories, including horns. Ironically, none of the bike shops I visited had any horns (other than those for a car) available.

After some initial hassles...and not being able (wanting)to afford the pre-made relay & wiring kit from Eastern Beaver Company. I just got the necessary parts and did it myself. Total cost including _2_ LOUD horns was about 400-Bt (horns w/ relay were 260-Bt, wire & parts about 150)
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Home/Main/ ... s_kit.html

Two horns (a high & low dB) on a little Suzuki Djebel 250 is surely a little overkill, but when needed they do get attention!!

It's really a pretty simple installation, even for those phobic to electrical work. I'm no electrician, but I will tinker. I can create and post a more reader friendly version of the relay setup and other connections, if anyone is interested.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by cdrw

It's really a pretty simple installation, even for those phobic to electrical work. I'm no electrician, but I will tinker. I can create and post a more reader friendly version of the relay setup and other connections, if anyone is interested.

Yes whynot. Please post "a more reader friendly version of the relay setup and other connections". Other riders might be inspired to go the same way & install decent horns once they realise how easy it is.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I just fitted 2 X Bosch Electric Horns on my Raid. The Shop had 2 different Types, I brought the smaller Version which was more Expensive but Louder. Made in Spain is Stamped on them. Makes a Hell of a Noise, almost sounds like Air Horns. Didn't come with the Relay which cost 100 baht more for a Bosch one. Had my Staff Wire it for me but i fitted them where i wanted so they were out of the way. Well worth fitting on any Bike!!! I have a similar set on my Wave but not as loud.
Cheers Ian.

Oct 17, 2006
Be careful, its a little known law but air horns are actually illegal on Cars and motorcycles in Thailand,

Yes i know loads of people have them but you can be stopped , fined, impounded , extorted if the cops want to.

I wanted to fit them to my car , but my wife checked at the Dept of land transport and its true . Only legal on trucks.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Monster...

The horns we are talking about are electric...not air horns...so no problem. But they will pump out up to 130dB and get you and your bike noticed!

Now there are some _really loud_ air horns available for vehicles, which surely must be illegal. They will not just draw attention, but _piss-off_ anyone in the vicinity!! See the video on this site: http://www.hornblasters.com/ [:D]

I'll try to write some dialog on my trial and tribualtions on installing my horns, after I return from my jaunt to Ubon to see their Candle Festival, which is over Buddhist Lent (7/30-31)

Oct 17, 2006
cdrw ... I know the dual twin tone horns are OK , lots of shops sell actual airhorns as well with mini compressor which look good and sound awesome but they are actually illegal,, som nom na!!!

Apr 10, 2006
Just be careful you don't sound your horns at the wrong guy who decides he has to redeem face by shooting you.