Garmin GPS Model 310

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Great buy right around 10K only available in Lotus. Has the Thai Map in it Already. Speaks english. Only problem all the writing is in Thai.

How do you get that writing on the map ect changed to English.

The manual is in English but I don't have clue about them.

I have no bought one yet, if I can get around that problem then I will.

The guy who actually bought it only speaks a bit of englsih but can gtet by. What he really needs is the French Language.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Darn I have lost track of stupid question numbers again :D

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
To change the writing on the map you will need to have the English version of the map. The shop should be able to do that as ESRI (who supplies the maps as well as the GPS) has both versions available. The 310 has many voices/languages and will be able to give voice messages in French (at least my Nuvi does). However, the names of cities, etc. will still be announced in English but voice messages like turn left, right, etc, will be in French.Also the menus on the GPS will be in French when French is selected as the language.

You should know that the Nuvi 310 is not really suitable for a motorbike as it is not water proof and has a flip-up antenna and when handled roughly the antenna can be easily damaged.

In case you need more information just let me know.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Ray

it's Nuvi 310 right?
it comes with CD and in that cd has both maps thai and English version as i have same GPS, how ever if you dont have that cd,let me know as i have both maps and it's very easy to install in to your GPS as well.

How ever Nuvi is not recomended to use in bikes as it's not water proof,, I do use it but ones it rains then it must be hided.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Thanks guys I will pass it on not water proff guess I will pass, since we ride rain or not, good thing to know.

Dec 2, 2008
Has any one tried putiing the unit in a waterproff pouch on in the clear section of a tank back map section?

Sep 2, 2008
On the rock wrote: Has any one tried putiing the unit in a waterproff pouch on in the clear section of a tank back map section?
I bought the Nuvi 310 and a tank bag with clear map pocket on top. Haven't tried it out yet. Also, a zip lock bag should work too.

batesy

Apr 28, 2009
I usually just put mine in the pocket of my jacket and listen to the voice prompts. unfortunatly, I have to be wired in. Has anyone had any luck with bluetooth headsets and the Nuvi 310 ?

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Careful in that one tried the blue toothe adapter to my 450 didn't work, using thr scala headset.