Garmin recalls some types of Nuvi's

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Guess that not many on this forum will have Nuvi's but Garmin is recalling some types. I am using a Nuvi 200W in my truck and will have to send it to Garmin to have the battery replaced.

===============================
DESCRIPTION

Garmin is voluntarily recalling certain nüvi devices that contain a specific battery that was
manufactured by the battery supplier within a limited date code range. Garmin has identified
potential overheating issues when certain batteries manufactured by the third-party battery
supplier within a limited date code range are used in certain Garmin nüvi models with a specific
printed circuit board (PCB) design. It appears that the interaction of these factors can, in rare
circumstances, increase the possibility of overheating, which may lead to a fire hazard. Although
there have been no injuries or significant property damage caused by this issue, Garmin is taking
this action out of an abundance of caution.

AFFECTED PRODUCTS

The recalled devices include a small subset of the following nüvi model numbers:

nüvi 200W, 250W, and 260W

nüvi 7xx and 7xxT (where xx is a two-digit number)

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

Determine your nüvi model and serial number by looking at the label on the back or bottom of
your nüvi. You must provide this and other information to determine whether your nüvi is
affected by this recall.
To easily and quickly determine whether your nüvi is affected, go to

www.garmin.com/nuvibatterypcbrecall

=================================

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Auke wrote: Guess that not many on this forum will have Nuvi's but Garmin is recalling some types. I am using a Nuvi 200W in my truck and will have to send it to Garmin to have the battery replaced.

===============================
DESCRIPTION

Garmin is voluntarily recalling certain nüvi devices that contain a specific battery that was
manufactured by the battery supplier within a limited date code range. Garmin has identified
potential overheating issues when certain batteries manufactured by the third-party battery
supplier within a limited date code range are used in certain Garmin nüvi models with a specific
printed circuit board (PCB) design. It appears that the interaction of these factors can, in rare
circumstances, increase the possibility of overheating, which may lead to a fire hazard. Although
there have been no injuries or significant property damage caused by this issue, Garmin is taking
this action out of an abundance of caution.

AFFECTED PRODUCTS

The recalled devices include a small subset of the following nüvi model numbers:

nüvi 200W, 250W, and 260W

nüvi 7xx and 7xxT (where xx is a two-digit number)

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

Determine your nüvi model and serial number by looking at the label on the back or bottom of
your nüvi. You must provide this and other information to determine whether your nüvi is
affected by this recall.
To easily and quickly determine whether your nüvi is affected, go to

www.garmin.com/nuvibatterypcbrecall

=================================
Thanks Auke,

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem my Nuvi 320 is on the list, because the battery has failed in it, but I will check anyway...

Cheers,
Daewoo