Gasohol to replace Octane 95, january 1 2007

pee

Mar 10, 2006
This morning in "The Nation" a story about Gasohol to replace octane 95 from january 2007
(http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09 ... 014012.php
According to the newspaper it won't be possible to buy Octane 95 at all in Thailand.
I haven't got any engineering skills and very little technical knowledge. So I have done my homework and got some bits of information (http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/gasohol.html)about Gasohol. According to the information displayed on this page some bikes don't like it at all....
If anyone has experience or knowledge about Gasohol used in a motorcycle. Moreover, which option are you going to choose from january 1 2007?
Cheers,

eric

Oct 12, 2005
I'll be fillin up w/91. My compression and ignition timing are stock so there should be no worries. I've been using 91 for awhile here in Thailand without any issues (as of yet). I've also heard of a few GT riders using Gasohol without horrid results.

Like you however I've read some things that will keep me from putting Gasahol in the tank.

In the States 91 was all I ever used in all my sportbikes.

pee

Mar 10, 2006
Thanks Big & Tall. I bet my monocylinder 600 cc won't cough with 91...
And thanks to the military to ensure fuel availability... So far things go smoothly in Bangkok... Even great : no trafic!
All the best,

eric

Aug 7, 2003
I used to carry a bottle of octane booster while in Cambodia, sometimes the Vietnamese petrol was more like kerosine. A cap full in a tank seemed to work. I don't bother anymore as the XR burnt valves and they were replaced with stainless ones. It runs OK on Gashol but I prefer to use 91 if 95 not available. The single should run fine unless it is highly tuned (high compression,etc). Does anyone know if running it richer when using Gashol makes any difference long term? Has anyone run Gashol long term anywhere??
Harri. XR650R.

pee

Mar 10, 2006
I appreciate your advice Harry as the single XR650 is quite similar to my SRX6... Thanks for that

eric