Greetings and newbie checking

Dec 14, 2012
Hi there.

I'm Moran from, living in Russia, but Estonian by borning. I'm trying to visit ChiangMai every year, thats my favorite TH town.
I'm riding Honda Shadow (1100 slasher) in Moscow and now thinking about renting motorcycle in CM. What can you say about Phantom? Phantom and Steed are the onlychoppers I've found in CM for rent, but Steeds are too old and difference in 300 baht...ughh...younow, its 300 baht! I'm afraid that Phantom is not very powerful, especially for riding with a passenger, but want to hear real Phanton riders.

I'm going to start with western route CM - Pai - Mae Hong Son at first and then maybe ride to Kuala Lumpur.

Cheers.
Moran Dzuric (Dzuric Moran).

Dec 14, 2012
Okay, now I can answer my question - Phantom is quiet okay, including mountain roads. I've done testing Mae Sa loop and then CM - Pai - Soppong - Mae Hong Son - Mae Sariang - Doi Inthanon - CM with a pasenger (120-125 kg total weight) for 5 days/4 nights. 910 THB for gasoline and one accident (lost power somewhere between Pai and Soppong when suddenly thai guy started to overdrive me on a really sharp curve on the ascent).
Will return in CM after 17.01 and want to have a longer trip, may be on Honda CBR or Kawasaki Versys.

Sep 4, 2007
The Phantom has been a very popular bike all around Thailand. The CBR is a bit more fun, and the Versys is a much heavier bike, more expensive to hire and fuel consumption will be considerably up on the other two bikes. I hope you have no bad after effects of your accident and you enjoy the next tour on whichever bike you choose.

Dec 14, 2012
Everything is okay, thanks - I've crashed the turn indicator and have got a few scratches n the crashbar and mirror. No injures for me or my passenger.