GT Rider Reccomendations for dirtbike hire in Phnom Penh...

DUNLOP

Nov 13, 2012
Hey,
I have done alot of research online regarding dirtbike hire in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. There is alot of info out there - good and bad, i was wondering if any experienced riders/travellers could recomend some no bullshit, well maintained and serviced, friendly dirtbike hire shops.... We are looking to hire the bikes(honda baja 250's or similar) for +- 3 weeks,roughly about from the 10th of december to the 29th. We are looking to see as much of cambodia as possible, whilst still enjoying the scenery and not rushing. I have bought my own helmet and boots here in Australia. Would the more experienced riders advise buying the whole package - armour etc... Ive heard it can get extermemly hot and uncomfortable. I was going to just go in shorts and shirt with decent boots and helmet from Oz... is this foolish?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated :eek:

cheers
Chris
:-?

Nov 23, 2005
Hi the best place is by by Bernard on street 302 close to Monivong. U need to book ahead as his bike in high demand. He charges more than other but u get fully reviewed bike in good shape. Look on google for red raid . Ph

ntb

Aug 18, 2009
This place is good. Tony really knows his bikes and riding in Cambodia. Yes my friend,riding in shorts is foolish.
MY Bike Ad with Pictures

Thejet

Mar 1, 2013
Gday Chris

Was wondering if you had any luck in getting the Bajas in PP?? Going over in August and am in the same boat as you are.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
DUNLOP;284810 wrote: Hey,
I have done alot of research online regarding dirtbike hire in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. There is alot of info out there - good and bad, i was wondering if any experienced riders/travellers could recomend some no bullshit, well maintained and serviced, friendly dirtbike hire shops.... We are looking to hire the bikes(honda baja 250's or similar) for +- 3 weeks,roughly about from the 10th of december to the 29th. We are looking to see as much of cambodia as possible, whilst still enjoying the scenery and not rushing. I have bought my own helmet and boots here in Australia. Would the more experienced riders advise buying the whole package - armour etc... Ive heard it can get extermemly hot and uncomfortable. I was going to just go in shorts and shirt with decent boots and helmet from Oz... is this foolish?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated :eek:

cheers
Chris
:-?
Any feedback? Did you find something / somewhere that was good..
Thanks in advance for the report.

Dec 1, 2013
Any feedback? Did you find something / somewhere that was good..
Thanks in advance for the report.
Hi David,
I hired an XR250 from "The Bike Shop" in Phnom Penh for a week in January 2014. I and was very happy with the bike it was well maintained and had heaps of power, I requested a rear tyre with more rubber and they obliged no problem, $US30 per day, expensive but I was riding on my own and the last thing I need is for the bike to fail.
The address for those who want it is 31 Street 302, Phnom Penh. N11 33 08.6 E104 55 18.1Cheers
MG

Dec 23, 2007
Lucky Lucky motorcycles on Monivong hires, rents, sells, repairs and will get you a Camboida drivers license pus visas.

Very good people and will have all the up to date info

There is also a shop on street 51 (near the walkabout) that has off road bikes

Sep 30, 2012
hidden moto rental at yahoo dot com

located at the riverfront area.

they are at #33Eo, st 130,sangkat phaser Kendal i

tel: (855) 66 665 675

hidden Cambodia in Siem reap does rentals also- xr250,400,Wr250

more importantly, where can I hire an xr400 in Chiang mai ?