GT Riders trip up north part 2

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Back again for part 2

So off we went again and after short ride next stop but hey this time NO Coffee, only picture taking oppoturnity and for Old man for a smoke..

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

What a nice view point this was
IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Where are we Guys???any on has idea?? :?:
IMG_1403.jpg

Something missing from the table....
IMG_1404.jpg

This fellow was in happy mood and looking down to us.
IMG_1409.jpg

And Morning coffee brake after left hotel.
IMG_1411.jpg

Jesper group guys had nice group but one of they HD had problems and they where doing oil change on the spot.Later on the same day on other HD was under repair on the road, they had really bad day
IMG_1417.jpg

Trent,, ohh Trent,, those what you mentioned?
IMG_1425.jpg

Refugee camp kids between Mae Sot-Mae Sariang
IMG_1430.jpg

and top up for Peter and then off to coffee brake around half way point on R105
IMG_1433.jpg

John investigating his nuts
IMG_1435.jpg

And eddie finds it amusing
IMG_1439.jpg

Now, again one mile stone completed, LT has now only one border where she hasn't been and that's down to malaysia, all other border points are completed
IMG_1449.jpg

Speed demon on the run, me and John had this thing going on quite a while, he stops on the some bend and take action photos and then after a while i was hanging around in some bush and snapping picture out of him in action, great fun
IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

No problem for LT as surface is hard,,on this spot
IMG_1464.jpg

Roads getting narrow but still comfortable to ride as speed is not needed or even recomended here,,,,John
IMG_1471.jpg

This is actually the very spot where i took that video clip of John speeding while i was in side that bush in the curve
IMG_1473.jpg

What a view again, i could spend hrs there just sitting and listening for sound of silence, in this point i was way behind every one as i was just crowling in 1st gear and enjoying sceenery
IMG_1484.jpg

How ever catch the guys little bit later.
IMG_1485.jpg

This spot got my attention as LT is not behave very good in the sad box, found outside line and no problem there
IMG_1491.jpg

Almost forgot,, FOOD, right after arrived to Mae Sariang and hotel, quick shower and EAT
IMG_1494.jpg

Found this nice half burned tree and opening there to take picture of Buddha on the far by hill, sadly my camera is not that good for long shots.
IMG_1500.jpg

Later on that same night went to out to river house and Peter found this unbeliveble combination of food. Yougurt with Mushli washed down with LEO mixed with sprite....yammy, i drank water and so did John
IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

HOLY COW,, next morning was cold as LT termometer shows and wet.
quick guess in what condition was peter's sheep fuhr seat cover what was left out whole night :wink:
IMG_1508.jpg

Then off to bfast, in some how i have developet quite appetite, i took bfast 2 times, full meal and noticed the GT-Map on the table?
we left, map stayed,yes we forgot it to there and found out that only when far up to entrance of national park on the way to Doi Inthanon, but later that night when we came back, peter when back to there and after few minutes got the map back, not everthing goes missing in Thailand.
IMG_1515.jpg

Now this is funny, in some how John has develop small bladder as he is on the way to molest that poor tree and have to say happens quite often :wink: "Captain Slash II?we had a lot's of fun on this trip,on of the funniest group so far, and yes it's getting better when Tony and Trent joins,,i have few exiting snaps from them as well
IMG_1518.jpg

Hey, an other coffee brake just entrance of National park and same place where Peter almost got extra passenger(mentioned in Johns post) Pussy got so intrested of his sheep sattle cover and she almost start to humping on peters bike
IMG_1521.jpg

In this point we realized that GT-map is missing, well back up map uot and Peter is looking other route back to Mae Sariang when we are coming back, yes we knew where to go but we missed the junction,,,hahahaha
IMG_1526.jpg

Reach the summit and John "Lining up" his GS for perfect photo
IMG_1528.jpg

It's somewhat hard to get 3guys in the same photo as there was no one else to take pictures
IMG_1530.jpg

Btw,, there was huge sign on the fence for NO PHOTO, so parently is not allowed to take this picture :roll:
IMG_1533.jpg

Now i can say that LT has been above the clowds, what a nice view it was
IMG_1547.jpg

Nice clear blue skies and fresh air, in this time temperature was nice +17c
IMG_1556.jpg

Now we found FOOD again, any one hungry? Pig stomach, i pass this time

Ok, enought this time as it's time to go ride and look for Sisaket town a little.
next part tomorrow..stay tuned

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Marco, real good fotos !!! I just wonder when you mentioned a stop for a smoke for the 'old man' did you mean Thawee, Ed or Peter ???? :p
Further on, no wonder John had to use the toilet too often, just look at the amount of wrappers piled up on the table in front of him...he ate all that ????
Right where you were dining, another observation: who in the hell did put a Sprite bottle next to Peter ???? Someone ruining his reputation... :lol:
Porkstomach is good, just ask Thawee !!! :roll:
Awaiting your next posting for the next assault on my friends, 55555 !!
Cheers, Franz

Sep 4, 2007
Marco, Thanks for the pics and the humour. The bladder seems to have returned to normal size now, must be due to unaccustomed amout to drink with the regular stops.
Hi Franz,
Sorry you not able to join the ride, but good to have you join the 'what does the photo say' fun afterwards.
Actually I did eat most of what was in those wrappers, I bought a few tasty snacks, opened up the packets to the assembled table, who all turned up their noses, and so I had to do the job myself. im leuw.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Franz - Eastern Seaboard wrote: Marco, real good fotos !!! I just wonder when you mentioned a stop for a smoke for the 'old man' did you mean Thawee, Ed or Peter ???? :p
Further on, no wonder John had to use the toilet too often, just look at the amount of wrappers piled up on the table in front of him...he ate all that ????
Right where you were dining, another observation: who in the hell did put a Sprite bottle next to Peter ???? Someone ruining his reputation... :lol:
Porkstomach is good, just ask Thawee !!! :roll:
Awaiting your next posting for the next assault on my friends, 55555 !!
Cheers, Franz
Franz, you should know that these guys eat and eat,,John no exception.
Thawee,,dos he smoke, i dont recall to see him smoke or just did not pay attention so much, Eddie smoke but he is still a kid.
Good old Peter is correct answer.
Sprite and Peter do not mix????are you sure...ask him next time you talk...and it was waitress who put that bottle front of him.

Who me,, assulting,,,,camera cant talk, so im just traslating what it would say... :wink:
Im just one of those who likes to play with words (Finnish style,,if there is any :idea: )
I gonna take some Vodka tonight and listen what camera tells me tonight so i can write it down for tomorrows post,, :twisted:

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Great pix and report Marco! And you da man for taking the LT off the tarmac. I cant imagine riding mine on surfaces like that.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
feejer wrote: Great pix and report Marco! And you da man for taking the LT off the tarmac. I cant imagine riding mine on surfaces like that.
Feejer

when i was young, i use to drive rally(as so many FINNS do)
So when it comes to difficult surface, i to study it first, i mena you know that LT is heavy and when it falls,,,we follow...

So all precautions all the time are taken care of when im on the road, I dont risk's with this monster(or beauty)

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Nice one Marco.

It's lucky Franz was not with us:

1. Nicotine addict.
2. Would not be enough beer for me. :(
3. He orders more food than Thawee.
:shock:

:lol:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Dougal wrote: Nice one Marco.

It's lucky Franz was not with us:

1. Nicotine addict.
2. Would not be enough beer for me. :(
3. He orders more food than Thawee.
:shock:

:lol:
Haaaaa,, Franz is the one how is Food Addict....got it :wink:

Dec 27, 2007
One thing for sure- you will never be hungry if you ride with the GT Riders! :wink: