Highest Spot In Thailand - Post Your Photo Here.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
It seems that everyone who is anyone has had their photo taken with the "highest spot in Thailand" sign at Doi Inthanon...

I thought it would be good fun to post them all in one thread...

I'll kick it off, I hope others will follow...

Cheers,
Daewoo

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
MHS-CM035.jpg

DoiInthanon005.jpg

Feb 14, 2007
Daewoo wrote:
It seems that everyone who is anyone has had their photo taken with the "highest spot in Thailand" sign at Doi Inthanon...

I thought it would be good fun to post them all in one thread...
This is good idea Daewoo!

The Pics: Lasse's Paradise- www.saunalahti.fi/lassek1/

July 2005

180_G.jpg

187_G.jpg

188_G.jpg

189_G.jpg

July 2007

22b_001.jpg

23b_001.jpg

67_G.jpg

70_G.jpg

Apr 20, 2008
My first ride to North Thailand -May 2008

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

Me with riding buddy Sam & wife.

Will be there again sometime mid of this year but with another guy(s)
who has yet to ride up north before.

Apr 10, 2006
I see from the pics posted before that the highest spot has acquired a sign since I was last there:

DSC00568a.jpg

This is somewhere near the top I think:

DSC00121a.jpg

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
penetrator wrote: I see from the pics posted before that the highest spot has acquired a sign since I was last there:
TiT... actually there are about 3 signs, all at different heights :) .

The wooden sign is on the path to the shrine at the top where your photo was taken... I guess you walked up from the cafe and missed it...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Apr 10, 2006
daewoo wrote:

The wooden sign is on the path to the shrine at the top where your photo was taken... I guess you walked up from the cafe and missed it...

Cheers,
Daewoo
That would be this 1 :wink:

DSC00567.jpg

That cafe does great toast with condensed milk if I remember rightly.

I think this was not too far from the top, down a little path. The engine of a helicopter that crashed while surveying the area I think.

DSC00133a.jpg

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Here's some photos from March 2008 Yamaha Charity Ride to Doi Inthanon
doi-inthanon-2008.jpg

doi-inthanon-2008-2.jpg

Followed by a "picnic" at a Royal Project on the way down the mountain.
doi-inthanon-2008-3.jpg

May 20, 2005
This is a good day trip from Chiang Mai and when I did it I ran out of petrol on the way out. I was rescued by a very helpful lady who departed on her Honda Dream with my cash and returned with a container of fuel. There was no language between us - just me at the roadside looking glum and her stopping full of smiles. Only in Thailand.

HighestPoint.jpg

DoiInthanonMonument.jpg

Some time ago I experimented with my GPS track of that day (and other local trips) and made a little video. It's not a huge file, about 7.5MB which, explains the poor quality, but is still better run twice to get it cached.

YouTube Link

or

PhotoBucket Link - this may stream better
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o78/monoplex/?action=view&current=DoiInthanon.flv

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
pikey wrote: Here's one from me from a few years back when I was young, suave & sophisticated ;-)

DoiInthanon3Small.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.
Now that is a larf... the photo I mean... I always think of you as young, suave & sophistimicated

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Actually, in that pic I am wearing the jacket of the girl I was travelling with which is why it looks a bit tight - we swapped and she wore my leather as she was so cold up there. The jeans were mine though :wink:

Cheers & Happy New year to all,

Pikey.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Pikey

I'm start to get worried about you now,,,what else you wearing from the Girl......... :wink:

Cant see 6" heels on you,,so that is ok :arrow:

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
SEPARATED AT BIRTH.

DoiInthanon3Small.jpg
David20Bowie.jpg

Pikey............................................................................................Bowie.

cm das

Feb 8, 2006
I guess I'm nobody - I didn't get my picture taken when I rode my Sonic up there a few years ago. But looking at all these pictures I noticed that the Thai on the 2 metal signs and the big fancy wood one all say 'Highest in Siam', not Thailand. Seems a little strange to me.

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Bit of a dilemma there I guess.

They could have considered sending the wooden sign back to the carving shop ! But I presume that it was easier to cause a bit of fun by making a new-old metal ones.

Ally
Another 'nobody' but happy. :wink: