Highest Spot In Thailand - Post Your Photo Here.

daewoo

Ol'Timer
Dec 6, 2005
It seems that everyone who is anyone has had their photo taken with the "highest spot in Thailand" sign at Doi Inthanon...

I thought it would be good fun to post them all in one thread...

I'll kick it off, I hope others will follow...

Cheers,
Daewoo

daewoo

Ol'Timer
Dec 6, 2005
MHS-CM035.jpg

DoiInthanon005.jpg

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
Daewoo wrote:
It seems that everyone who is anyone has had their photo taken with the "highest spot in Thailand" sign at Doi Inthanon...

I thought it would be good fun to post them all in one thread...
This is good idea Daewoo!

The Pics: Lasse's Paradise- www.saunalahti.fi/lassek1/

July 2005

180_G.jpg

187_G.jpg

188_G.jpg

189_G.jpg

July 2007

22b_001.jpg

23b_001.jpg

67_G.jpg

70_G.jpg

lipmeng

Ol'Timer
Apr 20, 2008
My first ride to North Thailand -May 2008

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

Me with riding buddy Sam & wife.

Will be there again sometime mid of this year but with another guy(s)
who has yet to ride up north before.

penetrator

Ol'Timer
Apr 10, 2006
I see from the pics posted before that the highest spot has acquired a sign since I was last there:

DSC00568a.jpg

This is somewhere near the top I think:

DSC00121a.jpg

daewoo

Ol'Timer
Dec 6, 2005
penetrator wrote: I see from the pics posted before that the highest spot has acquired a sign since I was last there:
TiT... actually there are about 3 signs, all at different heights :) .

The wooden sign is on the path to the shrine at the top where your photo was taken... I guess you walked up from the cafe and missed it...

Cheers,
Daewoo

penetrator

Ol'Timer
Apr 10, 2006
daewoo wrote:

The wooden sign is on the path to the shrine at the top where your photo was taken... I guess you walked up from the cafe and missed it...

Cheers,
Daewoo
That would be this 1 :wink:

DSC00567.jpg

That cafe does great toast with condensed milk if I remember rightly.

I think this was not too far from the top, down a little path. The engine of a helicopter that crashed while surveying the area I think.

DSC00133a.jpg

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Here's some photos from March 2008 Yamaha Charity Ride to Doi Inthanon
doi-inthanon-2008.jpg

doi-inthanon-2008-2.jpg

Followed by a "picnic" at a Royal Project on the way down the mountain.
doi-inthanon-2008-3.jpg

monoplex

May 20, 2005
This is a good day trip from Chiang Mai and when I did it I ran out of petrol on the way out. I was rescued by a very helpful lady who departed on her Honda Dream with my cash and returned with a container of fuel. There was no language between us - just me at the roadside looking glum and her stopping full of smiles. Only in Thailand.

HighestPoint.jpg

DoiInthanonMonument.jpg

Some time ago I experimented with my GPS track of that day (and other local trips) and made a little video. It's not a huge file, about 7.5MB which, explains the poor quality, but is still better run twice to get it cached.

YouTube Link

or

PhotoBucket Link - this may stream better
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o78/monoplex/?action=view&current=DoiInthanon.flv

daewoo

Ol'Timer
Dec 6, 2005
pikey wrote: Here's one from me from a few years back when I was young, suave & sophisticated ;-)

DoiInthanon3Small.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.
Now that is a larf... the photo I mean... I always think of you as young, suave & sophistimicated

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Actually, in that pic I am wearing the jacket of the girl I was travelling with which is why it looks a bit tight - we swapped and she wore my leather as she was so cold up there. The jeans were mine though :wink:

Cheers & Happy New year to all,

Pikey.

Marco

Ol'Timer
Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Pikey

I'm start to get worried about you now,,,what else you wearing from the Girl......... :wink:

Cant see 6" heels on you,,so that is ok :arrow:

Moto-Rex

Jan 5, 2008
SEPARATED AT BIRTH.

DoiInthanon3Small.jpg
David20Bowie.jpg

Pikey............................................................................................Bowie.

cm das

Ol'Timer
Feb 8, 2006
I guess I'm nobody - I didn't get my picture taken when I rode my Sonic up there a few years ago. But looking at all these pictures I noticed that the Thai on the 2 metal signs and the big fancy wood one all say 'Highest in Siam', not Thailand. Seems a little strange to me.

Ally

Ol'Timer
Dec 13, 2007
Bit of a dilemma there I guess.

They could have considered sending the wooden sign back to the carving shop ! But I presume that it was easier to cause a bit of fun by making a new-old metal ones.

Ally
Another 'nobody' but happy. :wink: