honda africa twin spareparts

Sep 4, 2006
we are on our way to bangkok and wonder if you guys know addresses of honda dealers where we could get spareparts for the "big" bike. need oilfilter,airfilter and new tyres (we would prefer metzler endurance but don't know if those are available in thailand at all???)
thanks in advance for any help ;o) klaus & uli

Aug 31, 2005
Klaus,

You can get Metzeler Enduros and Tourance tyres at Paddock on Rachadapisek, they advertise in the Bangkok post. Take exit 4 from the subway at Huaykwang (i probably spelt that wrong) subway station. For spare parts it may be difficult, try Red Baron its a large store but a bit out of town. Check the bangkok bike shops page on this site for the address and map.

quote:

Originally posted by klausuli

we are on our way to bangkok and wonder if you guys know addresses of honda dealers where we could get spareparts for the "big" bike. need oilfilter,airfilter and new tyres (we would prefer metzler endurance but don't know if those are available in thailand at all???)
thanks in advance for any help ;o) klaus & uli

Mike

Aug 7, 2003
If you know what you are looking for Red Baron has a second hand parts store behind their workshop.Everything and anything if you can find it, the parts are seperated into similar items and some have a model identifier marked on them. Mainly older bikes but some surprise bits, remember to ask for a discount on the marked price, they always give some.
Harri.XR650R.

Feb 23, 2003
Hmmmm. Africa Twin parts....Wait I know a bit about that !! The oil filter is the same as a Mazda car, available at any auto parts shop.
Tires are readily available out of Bangkok, I am just having a set of Annakees sent up to me. An air filter is hard to find. If you come up to Chiang Mai I have an almost new one I will let you have if you order me another one out of Singapore. Red Baron has an amazing amount of used bike stuff. I love browsing around. They have virtually no Africa Twin stuff, I know I have looked. All their parts are from parted out or wrecked bikes from Japan, and for some reason Africa Twins just are not in there. Good luck !

Sep 4, 2006
hi rhiekel,
thank you for your information. do you know the mazda cartype?
klaus

Hmmmm. Africa Twin parts....Wait I know a bit about that !! The oil filter is the same as a Mazda car, available at any auto parts shop.
Tires are readily available out of Bangkok, I am just having a set of Annakees sent up to me. An air filter is hard to find. If you come up to Chiang Mai I have an almost new one I will let you have if you order me another one out of Singapore. Red Baron has an amazing amount of used bike stuff. I love browsing around. They have virtually no Africa Twin stuff, I know I have looked. All their parts are from parted out or wrecked bikes from Japan, and for some reason Africa Twins just are not in there. Good luck !