honda cx 125

Jun 12, 2005
Honda Thailand just released a new dual sport, the CX 125. Has anyone had the chance to ride one? Any impressions please.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I test rode this bike in Chiang Mai. Yes, it is definately a Tiger. I own a Tiger Joker 120cc and it has been a fun bike and reliable until last week when the CDI Failed (340Baht to fix). I have used it around town for 2 years and also some Doi Suthep trail riding.

This CX is an interesting bike and I considered buying one. They won't let you test ride a new one, but they had a used one that they let me take for a short spin. It had more power than my 120cc and definately has a beefed up frame and some other offroad goodies and tires. I think it would be a fun trail bike for playing around with, but I don't think I would do any serious distance riding with it. But then again, "Colin" has been all over Thailand on his stepthrough.

They have a few models available at the Tiger dealer on the corner directly across from the Chiang Mai Train Station.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

Jun 12, 2005
Thanks for the information on the Tiger. All these years of going to Thailand and I never noticed the Tiger brand. Just the Japanese stuff. I don`t really want to get a used bike but I don`t see any alternative other than this.
Thanks