Honda XR250 - Enduro for Sale - 80.000BHT

Jul 23, 2012
Honda XR 250 - Year 2003
All Tax has been paid. Import Documents are present.
Recently upgraded plastics, new exhaust, engine paint job, new handguards and grips, engine was overhauled too, new piston and valve,

281009=11583-img0565zh.jpg

281009=11584-img0569fc.jpg

281009=11585-img0570lb.jpg

281009=11586-img0572da.jpg

Jul 23, 2012
I dont know exactly what u mean when u say road legal....this bike is legal....all import tax has been paid and i have the invoice......The police cannot take it away from u........I have been riding for half a year with no problems at all......U can't get a green book for this bike.....

What u can do is maybe put some supermotard wheels and backlight, indicators.

Jul 23, 2012
it has a numberplate. this is an import bike and cannot get a green book. how difficult is that to understand. u just show the invoice and done....no problem.

George HuaHin

Subscribed
Jul 25, 2011
Hua Hin
chiangmaidirtbike;281026 wrote: it has a numberplate. this is an import bike and cannot get a green book. how difficult is that to understand. u just show the invoice and done....no problem.
very difficult!
why an imported bike shall not have a green book if it is legal as you say

Jul 23, 2012
Because It is an IMPORT DIRT BIKE from Japan.....and with the new thai law they dont receive green books.........this bike is legal whether u like it or not. Maybe u are tourist here or dont know much about bikes. spare me with ur wrong info please and let me sell my bike. thank u

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Good luck with the sale of your bike CMDT. If I may the bike has been imported legally into Thailand and the tax has been paid.

The police can't seized it from owner (because he has legal import papers) but they will give you a fine for riding
unregistered bike on the road. To reigister this bike for legal road use dosen't seem possible, so she a bush bike.
Unless you want to break the law like many others do in Chiang Mai, and ride her on the road anyhow.

Nov 21, 2010
Nice bike, too bad getting a green book will be very difficult.

I assume the bike is imported in spare-parts so law-wise the bike is a bunch of spare-parts. In the past it did seem easy to change spare-parts in a bike (building a bike yourself is legal) and then get a green book but it seems those days are over.

Chang Noi

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
chiangmaidirtbike;281026 wrote: it has a numberplate. this is an import bike and cannot get a green book. how difficult is that to understand.
Maybe it is difficult to understand because you wrote that it is legal. It has been legally imported, but stoni's question was if it can be made road legal.

No green book = not road (street) legal.

And you err if you think that the police can not take it away from you.

Sorry, nothing personal, just facts.

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
chiangmaidirtbike;281031 wrote: All import tax and duty has been paid..i have a legal invoice.....which makes the bike fully legal .
A MC with invoice is not street legal.

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
Shame, as I would have this bike in a heart beat if I could legally use it on and of the road

Feb 8, 2009
Chiangmaidirtbike, I think you are a tourist in Thailand and you dont know about thai law and Thaipolice. 2 years ago they catch all bikes without number plate in Northern Area. Try it and you will see what happen.

Jul 15, 2012
angkor1;281169 wrote: Chiangmaidirtbike, I think you are a tourist in Thailand and you dont know about thai law and Thaipolice. 2 years ago they catch all bikes without number plate in Northern Area. Try it and you will see what happen.
i am confused? you are saying that off road bikes need license plates? when you buy a off road bike at big c (license plate & green book not available) they will take it?

Aug 29, 2011
Hey chiangmaidirtbike good luck with the sale, sorry your thread got hijacked but i want to say this to the other posters.

I know a guy with a fully legal duty paid kx250 dirt bike, with no number plate or green book. In one year he caught riding it twice on the streets.

1st time caught riding to the dirt track - a big warning & two 500thb fines = 1000thb

2nd time caught in the evening riding to 7/11 for some drinks etc (with no lights) - bike confiscated for over 6 weeks while the police argued about the fine & bike legality...took almost 20,000thb in total to get everything straight & bike back.

Depends on where in Thailand you live & obviously who you know BUT Beware folks!

Feb 1, 2012
Whats the point of you guys giving Chiangmaidirtbike a hard time ??
He is saying he has paid the inport tax sure we all know that dos not mean you can race around town or the city on it but its a good dirtbike ... god knows if i tried to ride my CR500 from home the cops would hear the thing from 5 km away and be up my ass before i got far at all so i have to load it on the back of the truck just like everyone else has to do with a off road bike and take it out to where you can ride it.
For someone that lives off the beaten track a bit and can sneek down to the local shop or to the bush tracks ... happy days good bike.
Give Chiangmaidirtbike a break and find something else to whinge about.

Good luck with the sale of your bike Chiangmaidirtbike :thumbup:

Jul 23, 2012
I am certainly not a tourist....i know thai law can be strict....but also know that police is very corrupt..especially in chiang mai....anyways that is not a topic to discuss here..
I have been riding this bike for half a year around chiang mai on a daily basis and in the city center....never had any problems.....even riding without helmet sometimes....Now if u are scared to drive it that is your problem. Dont make me or my bike look bad. Thanx for the guys supporting me here.I am just trying to sell my bike...give me a break...all i get is offense offense

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
I started this by asking the original question and am sorry that people are getting upset, however I can see both sides of the augment, which this unfortunately has turned into.

To clarify, I am not a tourist, but I am a little naive when it comes to the road laws in Thailand and hence my question ' Can this bike be made road legal'

I suppose the initial answer that came back was like a lot of things in Thailand ' a bit grey around the edges' and I thank those people who spoke up to try and enlighten me on the different Thailand interpretations of the law, because that what it is, 'an interpretation' as with any corrupt law, ' you pay your money and you take your chances'

I don't think there has been any personal attacks, just differences in opinion, which is healthy attribute.

I really do like your bike Chiangmaidirtbike and would love to be able to afford a road legal bike and your bike at the same time, but alas I can not.

I wish you well and know that you will sell your bike easily to some one who is happy to ride around and does not worry about these issues, I guess you could say 'its my loss' but that is life. Mai pen rai..he he

One thing is common amongst us all is out love all things motor bikes so lets embrace that.

Thanks again to all those who have contributed on both sides of the augment.