How NOT to Protest Against Helmets

Apr 23, 2006
Sad indeed! I don't agree with the thinking of his group however - always used a crash helmet even before they became compulsory. The next thing to come along I think (certainly in the UK) will be reduced insurance pay out in the event of injury unless the motorcycle rider is wearing appropriate protective clothing i.e. leather suit, kevlar, proper boots, gloves etc..

May 22, 2010
Agree with all of you guys, people who rides without helmet should have a special double price insurance policy to pay,
Anyway all these guys who ride without helmet are a bit simple in the head "maybe fall already"

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
ABATE = (A Body And Two Eyes) for organ and cornea transplantation. If they love riding so much, wouldn't it make sense to give oneself the best chance of returning to it ASAP by wearing proper gear? The alternative being months of rehab or a lifetime of drooling in a chair. Tough choice ain't it? But as the warden once said:

"Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men"

AJS

May 17, 2011
Does that mean you all wear helmets every time you go out on a bike here in Thailand?

I wouldn't begin to make an argument against helmets reducing the rate of death or serious injury, and I would always wear one if I was going long distance or any significant speed, but riding where I do up in Isan I regularly go sans lid and I must admit rather enjoy it.

Naz

Nov 10, 2010
same as Capitain.
I will never forget being hit by truck (just scratched slightly actually not hit) and i forgot to fasten helmet so it was puled out from my head, but still saved me.

I can't believe that im saying this but i thankfull for a policeman in my village who was always stopping me and giving a bill to pay (only me in the whole village!) "you only one here who riding big bike and it has a red number plate, so you must wear it even when ride to 7eleven" he said. He was freaking my brains for a long time so i decided that its easier to wear a damn helmet than listen to that old guy playing wise man. Well now im thankfull to him,

and wearing a helmet is a habit now, i can't imagine situation which will take me out of home without helmet, and by the way its really uncomfortable to ride without one- all this dirt and flyes- is distracting.

My choice is simple "Real" thai brand helmet, but it has done well in plenty of get-offs both on and offroad. Now i got new "HJC" offroad helmet wich turned to be much more filmsy than "Real" one, so take it as advertisement by user.