How to change the oil in an open chamber 43mm Kayaba fork on the Kawasaki KLX250S

Dec 27, 2007
Now that I've got my clutch changed, the next order of business is to change the oil in my forks as I reckon it's well overdue. Here's a most excellent video guide from YouTube on how to change the oil in an open chamber 43mm Kayaba fork on the Kawasaki KLX250S. The principle should apply to any KYB Open Chamber Upside Down (USD) forks:

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Apr 3, 2011
Hey Tony!
I was just wondering where can I buy some fork oil and shock absorber oil.
Motorbike shops around here in Pran Buri just offer me some cheap-looking hydraulic oil which doesn't even mention it's viscosity.
I wonder if I gotta go to Bangkok to pick up some Motul suspension oil or what.
Any shops in Bangkok or Hua Hin or in-between you can recommend?
--Gene

Dec 27, 2007
heilong;296207 wrote: Hey Tony!
I was just wondering where can I buy some fork oil and shock absorber oil.
Motorbike shops around here in Pran Buri just offer me some cheap-looking hydraulic oil which doesn't even mention it's viscosity.
I wonder if I gotta go to Bangkok to pick up some Motul suspension oil or what.
Any shops in Bangkok or Hua Hin or in-between you can recommend?
--Gene
Hiya Gene! I bought my fork oil direct from Kawasaki. They sell it in little .2 liter bottles. Can't remember the brand name but will take a picture of one of the bottles and post it here for your reference.

Dec 27, 2007
Here you go mate:
DaikyoShockAbsorberOil.jpg

Daikyo Shock Absorber Oil. No idea the weight but changing the fork oil has made a noticeable improvement in the handling of my bike :thumbup: