Internet Mail Order

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
http://www.fastcorner.co.th

I ordered Hi performance K&N Oil and Air filter to my BWM.
There are only 2 of authoriced K&N Filter distributor in Thailand
Name Address Contact Info. Distance (Miles/km)

FAST CORNER

WORLDTECH ENGINEERING CO., LTD. [b](this one i have no experience as they didn't even reply to my inquery)[/b]

very good communication(english) and price tag was ok as well, not sure if they give 10% discount for every inet (emai) order but i got it.
EMS mailed after payment done and got thing's next day.

Happy customer and will buy from them again.
http://www.knfilters.com

Apr 9, 2008
monsterman wrote: [quote quote=JohhnyE]The Thais I know who also order parts online always say never use a shipping company to import(Fedex,DHL,UPS etc) Only use the Postal Service - USPS,Royal Mail etc.
Sometimes they will apply duty & tax but mostly not.
I'm well in front on this.

definitely never use FEDEX in Thailand .
Gents
One to stay well away from in the UK is E-moto.co.uk poor delivery times will not respond to e-mails or messages left through their website save yourself some stress use another dealer.
Cheers
HH

Dec 27, 2007
Marco wrote: My good Luck continues

just got my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS via USPS and no tax and thai postal home delivery :lol:
Good on ya Marco! What are you going to do with your old GPS? If you'd like to sell it I'd be interested :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Rustic Charm wrote: [quote quote=Marco]My good Luck continues

just got my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS via USPS and no tax and thai postal home delivery :lol:
How much was it? And which seller?
Rustic

It was from USA and got it 480+35US for shipping, beat the hell out of thai prices..
sbcglobal.net from this address.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=Marco]My good Luck continues

Good on ya Marco! What are you going to do with your old GPS? If you'd like to sell it I'd be interested :D

Happy Trails!

Tony
Tony
I have Nuvi 310 and use to keep that in the car as it's not water proof and from yesterday,, i notice something on it that it wont give me arrival time any more,, not sure is it broken or what,, but will check it today when going ride again..

if you want that same they sell it in Lotus book store SD-books and you get up to date maps as well, mine is 4yrs old already.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Here's a good UK site for GPS stuff - GPS Warehouse

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/

They carry a lot of the RAM stuff. I've not had direct delivery to Thailand but their UK service is spot on - next day delivery and they respond promptly to emails. Recommended.

I've also copies the complete RAM Mount catalog here if anyone wants it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=78f9 ... f6e8ebb871

Cheers,

Pikey.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Lads

Found this from Net today and got they reply to my inquery as well for Garmin Nuvi 680..
dont sound too bad....but i prefer to use Paypal as that gives me financial security...

http://www.madeinchina.com/trade_product_1/GPS.shtml&cat=91

Dear friend,
How are you going today ? good day!

Thank you for your letter inquiry for Garmin Nuvi 680
We accordingly make the following offer:

1 Packing: Original
2. Quantity: one
3. Price: 172usd(including shipping cost)
4. Payment: Western Union,T/T
5. Shipment: DHL FEXDX TNT UPS EMS
6.the deliery time is 5 Days
7. warrantly :eek:ne year
We are a gold supplier in MadeInChina,specialized in cell phone,mp4,projector,handset products,etc.And the market spread North America,South America,Europe,Australian,and so on.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
ray23 wrote: http://www.eiova.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=121

Check out the prices on these bike enough to make you cry :cry:

But import being what it is no way.
Just a Warning to Everyone :idea: This Company is a Complete Scam. After many Emails I Got My Shipping Agents in China to Check them Out :twisted: This is His Reply:

Please be advised that my friend in China have rung them twice no body picked up the phone and once she checked the list of the company it do not exist.

I also had another Source try to Find them same thing, This time it was some Shop selling second hand Phones or something :shock:

The Old Story:
"If it Sounds to Good to be True it Probably is To Good to Be True"
Pity I would have Loved a New WR450 for that Price!!! So You have Been Warned Don't Buy anything from them as You will never Receive it!!! :cry:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
"If it Sounds to Good to be True it Probably is To Good to Be True"

Yep, that is what scares me unless you know someone who has a track record wih one of these compnaies they may only be a onw way bank Account as his one sounds good find Ian.

You going to make your way to Roi Et?

Right now I have TPmotors really pushing in a purchase enough so that I found a different way.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
nuwatmat wrote: http://www.bikersdirect.co.uk/shoppingcartpage.aspx

Just bought a roof boxer helmet from this one,best deal ever check out the price it is unbeatable ordered it mai 15 was in my home the 18.
no tax no extra charges

be safe
When you say you ordered that on May 15th(Friday) it was your home on May 18(Sunday) bacically 3days?? :shock: that is really fast, i thought that thai post is not working on sundays..

i personally havent got anything from EU faster than 1week(7 working days)

you are lucky man, con grats

Apr 20, 2009
I have a quick question about the import taxes when you order online.

I ordered a nice tire plugging kit a little while back on Amazon. Yesterday I received a "Notice to Collect International Postal Items" in the mail, which was basically a bill from the post office. I'm puzzled about how they calculate this stuff.

The kit cost me about 1300 baht (it's a nice kit), even with the lousy exchange rate right now. Post office wrote, "Assessed value for duty: 1,500"

They charged me 450 for the import duty, 137 for VAT which comes out to 587, and then hand wrote some gibberish at the bottom that added to a total of 607.

That's almost half the value of the item! I guess I don't really have a question about that part, TIT after all, I'm just venting a little bit.

My question is, which items get hit with the import duty and which ones don't? I order books all the time and never get taxed. Other items too, but what was it about a tire plugging kit that gets me hit with a 607 baht bill?

Thanks

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
HTWoodson wrote: I have a quick question about the import taxes when you order online.

I ordered a nice tire plugging kit a little while back on Amazon. Yesterday I received a "Notice to Collect International Postal Items" in the mail, which was basically a bill from the post office. I'm puzzled about how they calculate this stuff.

The kit cost me about 1300 baht (it's a nice kit), even with the lousy exchange rate right now. Post office wrote, "Assessed value for duty: 1,500"

They charged me 450 for the import duty, 137 for VAT which comes out to 587, and then hand wrote some gibberish at the bottom that added to a total of 607.

That's almost half the value of the item! I guess I don't really have a question about that part, TIT after all, I'm just venting a little bit.

My question is, which items get hit with the import duty and which ones don't? I order books all the time and never get taxed. Other items too, but what was it about a tire plugging kit that gets me hit with a 607 baht bill?

Thanks
HT
Was your item delivered by DHL or any other courier?
those have really good success rate of hitting customs unlike USPS

When i order anything from EBAY i ask seller to ship it wiht USPS as those come's usually with out custom check, like i ordered LT's windshield and that came home with out taxes not like when i order Robotic vacum cleaner last year it was shipped by DHL and taxed, not much but 100THB, from value 164USD.
I been told that customs add that value tax in BKK and when one get parcial it will be paid same time in the post, dont know how they calculate it.

But i have success rate of 99% by using USPS internation delivery

Jun 19, 2009
I've read through this whole thread, and the general theme seems to be, have your things sent USPS when coming from the states to avoid taxes and duties. And avoid Fed Ex. Shame because I have a friend that works in Fed Ex and has shipped for me before using his account that gets huge staff discount.

I want to have my motorcycle gear sent out, gloves, boots and leathers. They are mine and used, but sounds like they might be taxed or they might not be. My questions are.

Should I send everything at once, or split into different boxes.

Should I send USPS.

How should boxes be marked. Gift. returned goods, used clothing?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Just when evertyhing seems to be nice and easy, i was hit by tab 625thb when ordering Zumo motorcycle gradle from states and shipped by USPS, now i noticed that it was Ticked off by "OTHER" and not as a gift as all others, this might be reasson for taxes, not sure but this was first time.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
I can honestly say that if you need any mounts or gadgets,
this guy is fantastic and very helpful,

his mane is Art and i got his details from Tony and contacted him via emal
[email [email protected]][email protected][/email]
got really fast reply and immediately he knew what i needed and he sent me pictures and i payed him online and got items to my home after 2days,faaantastic lad and helpful,professional and good in english
worth to try

Art Nithipat Thansrikiat General Manager
Dynatrend Limited

Email: [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]
Phone: 0-2719-2787
Fax: +66-2719-2786

1 Ramkamhaeng 24 Road, Yak 34-1
Huamark, Bangkapi
Bangkok 10240, Thailand.

http://www.gadgetrend.com

bard

Oct 2, 2008
For bike parts I use www.bikebandit.com they have any brand OEM and aftermarket, they do charge the Thai tax so the package comes ready taxed to your doorstep. And that gives you a proper Tax receipt, these are the guys the big bike shops in Thailand use, they ship fast and are great to deal with. On the product page you see how long the estimated shipping time is, e.g. Within 24 hours, or 2 to 4 weeks (obviously something they have to get somewhere else) Anyway you see this, you get good communication and fair prices.

MX gear I get from www.locomx.com be careful to select USPS as shipping or you will be raped by UPS or whoever else they offer. They ship as soon as they get the part but are not the best telling you if something is not in stock, however they're nicely priced and if use USPS you get away with very cheap tax in Thailand.

When I got big gas tank I bought that from www.justgastanks.com they have a load of tanks for bikes, ATV and cars. Got my 4 gallon IMS tank for my XR400R there, shipped fast and was good to deal with.

Camping stuff I get from www.moontrail.com you have to email them as they do not accept Thai Visa cards or addresses, anyway email them, they come back within hours, tell them exactly what you want, they email you the full price including shipping, wire transfer and they ship within 24 hours after receiving the money. Great stuff, drip water filters etc...

Other dealers I use is listed above I can see.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
First time I use Twisted Throttle shop online.
Very good service: e-mail contacts/answers very attentive and fast, shipping/handling very fast, high quality products (many german products, so...).
They use UPS for delivery in Thailand (no USPS).

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/

You can use the "What fits my bike" or go through the catalog to get a more accurate choice on some accessories...
I recommend it.

Cheers,
Gobs

Mar 30, 2010
I use motorcycle superstore regularly for years now but I'm in the US. I also have had good experiences with www.cyclegear.com. They have local stores here and website states $49.99 for international shipping.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Just got now biiig box fom USA again
contain Tourmaster jacket and riding pants and No dues..box was damaged but nothing stolen..

Shipped again via USPS, 64USD from Arizona to Home...jacket and pants cost me 180USD together,, good deal and happy customer again.

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
I made 4 purchases from 4 different Ebay vendors. The packages all took advantage of free shipping within the USA, to Shipito.com in California. As each item arrived, I was sent an email by Shipito.com. Once in the warehouse, individual item shipping costs were assessed on the basis of preferred shipping method, as follows;
USPS Express - Size - Item Details
$75 - 19x16x5 1 motorcycle luggage rack / sissy bar
$104 - 24x14x13 1 motorcycle windshield, 15 1'4" H x 18 1/2" W
$48 - 12x7x5 1 motorcycle tank bag
$37 - 7x5x5 1 motorcycle sunglasses
$264 Total

$142 Total for Consolidated Shipping via USPS, with all items removed from original packaging, and re-boxed.
$122 Savings

Payment for shipping - via PayPal - showed in the Shipito account immediately.

Package was sent via USPS Express Mail® Int'l and marked as a Gift on the customs declaration.
Correct item values were given, as I had no idea if original invoices would be included in the package.
The consolidated package was sent immediately the account had been topped up with sufficient funds.
Email notification was fast and USPS tracking number was provided as soon as the package was ready for dispatch.

USPS.com: http://www.usps.com allows you to input the Tracking Code, and gives you the current status of the package as it progresses through the system

USPS Item Tracking: Details from their website;
• Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 22, 2010
• Shipment Accepted; April 22, 2010, 1:20 pm, TORRANCE, CA 90503
• Arrival
• International Dispatch, April 23, 2010, 6:20 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
• Your item left the United States from ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) at 6:20 PM on April 23, 2010
• Arrived Abroad, April 27, 2010, 9:51 am, THAILAND
• Out of Foreign Customs, April 29, 2010, 1:54 pm, THAILAND
• This box got to Den Chai on 30th April, and there it stayed for almost a week!!!
• Sat 1st May was a public holiday, as was Monday 3rd May, as kind of was Wednesday 5th. Finally available for collection in Chiang Rai on 6th May!!!

Customs duty was 6000 THB...

I had a 2nd parcel (windshield) valued at US$170 and sent 1 day later (24th April) by USPS Priority delivery. Shipping cost was marginally more expensive. It arrived in Chiang Rai post office on 29th April. It was marked as a Gift on the Customs Declaration, it was opened by Customs, and they billed me 905 THB duty - approximately 20% of the item value.

Some Conclusions;
• Shipito.com is great for consolidation of multiple packages and saves you significant $ on shipping costs
• Shipito.com is an excellent option if you want to purchase from vendors who won’t ship to Thailand
USPS Priority is worth the modest additional cost because delivery really is expedited!
• USPS tracking data has approx 36 – 48 hour time lag on package status
• Packages marked as Gifts may be opened and taxed by Customs – there is probably a size / weight / value criteria that automatically means close scrutiny.

bill

Mar 29, 2004
I've just had two packages sent from USA to Cambodia via USPS-EMS using shipito mail forwarder.
Happy with the service.

They offer a special request option (cost $8.50).
Under this option I had them split a large package into two smaller packages as the original package exceeded the size limit for USPS-EMS.
Additionally, I had them remove the invoices and discard them.

After importing personal bike parts for around 4 years, Cambodia customs have finally started to suspect I'm in business, which I am not. So, for the first time, I had to clear the package in person. They fished around inside the package looking for an invoice, which wasnt there, plus I gave them a good spiel that the stuff was for personal use, result, no tax. Have to say Cambodia customs were very fair as technically they can charge tax on motorcycle parts even if its for personal use.

Cambodia is similar to Thailand whereby packages sent Fedex/DHL/UPS etc automatically get taxed.
I guess there must be an unofficial assumption that a parcel coming through the state owned postal service is likely to be for personal use rather than business related.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
wimpy wrote: http://www.sprocketcenter.com/
http://www.mawonline.com/

Both will ship internationally.

http://stores.ebay.com/Rider-Superstore ... esstQQtZkm
Very good deals on helmets. Ships Intl.
I just placed an order with Sprocket Center. After 8 days they still had not processed the order. I sent an email and they said they had to wait for my credit card company to authorize shipment to Thailand. I think this is BS because I used my U.S. Debit Card and the funds were immediately transferred. They could care less where the item gets shipped. I had made a mistake and the order was $20 short on the shipping fee. The company asked if I could transfer the $20 via PayPal. I did this also. I then received an email saying my PayPal and my Credit Card billing address did not match. This was true as I haven't used PayPal in a long time. So what? Again, they had received their money. I received another email saying they would ship to the U.S. billing address or I could cancel the order.

Time for a phone call. I would have canceled except I needed the sprocket and had difficulty finding it elsewhere. It seems that even though they have a glorious looking website, this appears to still be a one man company, named "Chad". After 5 emails and talking to Chad on the telephone, listening to how he has been burned by Thai orders before, the parts have been shipped. Now let's see how long it takes and if they get by Customs.

Although a Company says it ships Internationally it doesn't mean they do it happily. In the past I have also had to send copies of my passport to a company before they would accept the order. :?

PS; Thanks for the info Wimpy, although a bit difficult this time, it is a good source. :thumbup: