Internet Mail Order

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I received my sprockets :thumbup: . Once they were finally shipped it took 8 days for them to arrive at my local post office in Mai Rim. That's not bad. They were shipped by USPS and I was not charged any duty or other fees. My luck with USPS continues. :clap:

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Hein Gericke - they have a 20% discount on everything with May 31st being the last day. A Thai friend asks me to buy him a Nolan N90 helmet and the price will be 200 Euros or <8,000 Baht.

Am needing parts for an Africa Twin - not sure where to order those. Singapore or Germany?

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk and http://www.polo-motorrad.de with an English icon

Ride on,
Chris

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
A point to note about shipping from the US via the excellent USPS Express or Priority Mail services is that Thai Post provides detailed "Track & Trace" information IN ENGLISH on their website! Details start accumulating as son as the parcel exits Thai Customs in Bangkok and is accepted by Thai Post EMS fully computerised and very efficient tracking systems;

Go to: http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/
Enter your 13 digit USPS package code; e.g;

Search Result : EE967***881US
DATE/TIME Scan Location Description
July 30, 2010 - 12:26:25 Bangkok EMS Centre Accept
July 30, 2010 - 15:34:35 Bangkok EMS Centre Items Into Container
July 30, 2010 - 16:20:00 Bangkok EMS Centre Dispatch
July 31, 2010 - 03:04:05 DEN CHAI MAIL CENTER Container Received
July 31, 2010 - 03:08:47 DEN CHAI MAIL CENTER Container Received
July 31, 2010 - 04:11:07 DEN CHAI MAIL CENTER Items Into Container
July 31, 2010 - 04:11:11 DEN CHAI MAIL CENTER Dispatch
July 31, 2010 - 10:35:48 CHIANG RAI Container Received
July 31, 2010 - 11:32:19 CHIANG RAI Out for Delivery
July 31, 2010 - 12:00-16 CHIANG RAI Delivery Status International ( Unsuccessful Attempt)
July 31, 2010 - 14:38:40 CHIANG RAI Out for Delivery
July 31, 2010 - 12:00-16 CHIANG RAI Delivery Status Successful

This package has generated TWELVE tracking messages in less than 24 hours! Thats good service! :thumbup:

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Well, it is always a 50/50 chance of what happens. I placed a small order from the U.S., a locking gas cap and a set of stickers. The company sent the package via USPS as I requested and labeled them motorcycle parts. Today I received a notice from Thai Customs and the Mai Rim post office to pick them up. Value 2,000 baht. Duty and VAT 802baht. :thumbdown: You just never know.

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
Hello all ,
just had good service from this Company in the UK, B&C Express,
ordered front and rear Renthal sprockets on Monday last week, order finalised on Tuesday with shipping same Day, received on Saturday 14 afternoon ,
5 Days outstanding :thumbup: , and all by the UK Royal Mail Registered Post :clap:
Just Make sure Your card matches your address in LOS ,Or if using a Uk one, that it matches your UK Postcode for your bankstatement address.
Read the ordering Process Properly and fill out accordingly and you will have no Problems.I did also call them to make sure that everything was good.
They are very Helpful on the Phone and their Technicians now their Beans.

Web Site ; http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/
share the knowledge is my motto :smile1:

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I need (want) a new helmet....

I noticed that Paddock has the carbon helmet I've been considering, but Paddock prices are often expensive, and I've bought there in the past.
They are current advertising the helmet at 12,500-Bt, supposedly discounted from 21,500-Bt.
Yet their sale price is the same as helmets original suggested retail and the same helmets are now selling in the US for 60%+ less!

My question is...has anyone ordered a helmet from overseas and if so, from what supplier and should I worry about it being damaged via the postal service?
I'd probably mail it to a relative in the US for repackaging and re-mailing to me as a 'gift'
I'd verify the required helmet size and fit locally before ordering elsewhere.

Thanks for any advice...

Dec 27, 2007
cdrw wrote: I need (want) a new helmet....

I noticed that Paddock has the carbon helmet I've been considering, but Paddock prices are often expensive, and I've bought there in the past.
They are current advertising the helmet at 12,500-Bt, supposedly discounted from 21,500-Bt.
Yet their sale price is the same as helmets original suggested retail and the same helmets are now selling in the US for 60%+ less!

My question is...has anyone ordered a helmet from overseas and if so, from what supplier and should I worry about it being damaged via the postal service?
I'd probably mail it to a relative in the US for repackaging and re-mailing to me as a 'gift'
I'd verify the required helmet size and fit locally before ordering elsewhere.

Thanks for any advice...
Would it happen to be the HJC HQ1?
hjc-hq1.jpg

I bought mine over a year ago from Red Baron for I think 13000 Baht, which at the time was about the same as US Retail.
One of the lightest and best fitting helmets I've ever owned. My only complaint is that it's also probably one of the loudest helmets I've ever owned. I always wear earplugs but still find my ears ringing at the end of a long days ride...
One thing to watch out for at the Paddock- a lot of their sale items are REALLY REALLY old! Examine the helmet closely and try to find a manufacture date before you buy.
Good luck and happy trails!
Tony

ps. sorry for not answering your question :happy5:

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Thanks for the input, Tony,
Yep, I want the HQ1..which has had rave reviews...yet it's replacement FS-15 has poor reviews.
I currently have an HJC helmet...bought from Paddock. Had to look at many before finding one that wasn't years old.

I'll check with Red Baron...maybe their price has reduced since you bought yours, but I'm still wondering about doing a mail order...

Dec 27, 2007
cdrw wrote: Thanks for the input, Tony,
Yep, I want the HQ1..which has had rave reviews...yet it's replacement FS-15 has poor reviews.
I currently have an HJC helmet...bought from Paddock. Had to look at many before finding one that wasn't years old.

I'll check with Red Baron...maybe their price has reduced since you bought yours, but I'm still wondering about doing a mail order...
Cheers,

Sending in the mail you take your chances- sometimes you get lucky and packages arrive with no duty, sometimes not. There's really no guarantee. Just make sure you ship USPS and avoid the private couriers like DHL, FedEx and UPS as they will rob you blind.

Good luck and happy trails!

Tony

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
My experience - ordering a helmet from the US:

I needed to replace my now banged-up HJC helmet. I'd been looking at HJC's new carbon models all of which have received rave reviews!
In Thailand, only HJC's first carbon model, the HQ-1 was available; Red Baron offers it at 13.8k-Bt and Paddock had it at 12.9k-Bt.

I decide to try my luck by Internet mail-order, where I found the new FG-15 red carbon model for less than 6k-Bt.
Motorsport.com has it for 5.8K-Bt [$199.77] with free freight within the US. HJC's retail price is $460.
I ordered one, the same size as my current helmet HJC helmet, hoping the fit will be identical.

I had the helmet shipped to my sister in the US. She removed any invoices from the box. In previous packages she's sent,
in hopes of avoiding Customs, I ask her to boldly mark 'gift' and 'happy birthday' on the box though it's not my BDay!
Unfortunately, due to the box's size, it was too large for Priority Mail, and had to be shipped via Express mail ($61).

Customs has _never_ added duty to any prior shipments of my alleged birthday packages...until now!!
Duty was 30% (2348-Bt), based on their estimated cost price of 6k-Bt. My 'birthday' trick failed :shock:

None-the-less...I'm quite happy. The fit is wonderful, it's Pinlock ready and comes with a nice zippered storage bag.
Total cost was under 10k-Bt.

Helmet picture, same as the one I rec'd
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/pro ... ?id=118657

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
cdrw wrote: My experience - ordering a helmet from the US:

I had the helmet shipped to my sister in the US. She removed any invoices from the box. In previous packages she's sent,
in hopes of avoiding Customs, I ask her to boldly mark 'gift' and 'happy birthday' on the box though it's not my BDay!
Unfortunately, due to the box's size, it was too large for Priority Mail, and had to be shipped via Express mail ($61).
You can send by Priority Mail using your own packaging up to 42 inches in length, 79 inches in length plus girth combined. You don't have to use a flat rate box. You can also send by First Class Airmail as long as it is less than 64 ounces.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
wimpy wrote: You can send by Priority Mail using your own packaging up to 42 inches in length, 79 inches in length plus girth combined. You don't have to use a flat rate box. You can also send by First Class Airmail as long as it is less than 64 ounces.
True...you can ship packages up to 20-lbs by Priority Mail....in 3 different maximum box size categories:
12" x 12" x 5-1/2", 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", and 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8", providing the box doesn't exceed 79" length+girth.
But, I could not send the helmet via Priority as the box exceeded the stated maximum measurements.
The helmet box was 12"x12"x16"
http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mai ... prices.htm

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
cdrw wrote: [
True...you can ship packages up to 20-lbs by Priority Mail....in 3 different maximum box size categories:
12" x 12" x 5-1/2", 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", and 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8, providing the box doesn't exceed 79 length+girth.
But, I could not send the helmet via Priority as the box exceeded the stated maximum measurements.
The helmet box was 12"x12"x16"
http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mai ... prices.htm
You are referring to flat rate boxes. You can also use your own packaging, and it can be any size you like as long as the individual dimensions do not exceed 42 inches in length and 79 inches in length plus girth combined. A 12"x12"x16" box does not exceed those dimensions. It comes in at 64" (16" + 48"); This is less than the maximum 79". Postage would be calculated on the weight. Trust me, I have lot of experience shipping from the USA.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
wimpy wrote: You are referring to flat rate boxes....... Trust me, I have lot of experience shipping from the USA.
Yep...my bad! I checked the USPS site again, Priority mail would have been about 400-Bt less expensive

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
Yeah, it is a bit cheaper, but also, Customs pays less attention to Priority Mail. Express Mail always seems to get looked at closely.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
wimpy wrote: ....Customs pays less attention to Priority Mail. Express Mail always seems to get looked at closely.
Likely why I got caught by Customs...a lesson learned!
Thanks....

Naz

Nov 10, 2010
as long as topic about internet orders is exist my be divide it into black list/white list, coz i believe there always will be huge room for scammers in the 3w, somebody allready mentioned scam site somwhere on third page,
i think i know what we can put into the black list of email orders: china :)

Nov 7, 2007
Naz;263181 wrote: as long as topic about internet orders is exist my be divide it into black list/white list, coz i believe there always will be huge room for scammers in the 3w, somebody allready mentioned scam site somwhere on third page,
i think i know what we can put into the black list of email orders: china :)

Having bought a few items online from china (bike and non Bike related) i wouldn't say that china should be on the black list-use common sense and invest a little time along with google search to find out where you about to order from and you will be fine ..... although it really doesn't make much sense to blacklist a country- but a country where i would not be ordering online from is Nigeria .

mbox

Naz

Nov 10, 2010
for sure you right bro, juz don take me too seriously, no offence here on forum for joking right? as long as admin approved my first post ;)
but i was serious about making black list, a lot of scam sites out there in 3w, and not all newbies (or oldies either) have time to read throught all posts, to find out who was scammed and where right? so far im been scammed only by lazy thai postal service :) will write a report :D

Naz

Nov 10, 2010
RIDERS DISCOUNT great shop great service blazing fast delivery and nothing missed everything fitted.
John (guy from their customer service) done grat job, because i was changing order thousands of times (according to money sotuation) then cancelling it at all, and paypal blocked my card twice, so i end up in sending wire transfer. But John done great he took all the effort and was waiting kindly helping me to make an order and to send a payment. Making sure things are in stock hundreds of times. Great service very much advised shop

i payed taxes as well 4k baht for taxes only as order was more than12k so 2 parcells with 6k baht of estimated cost each

MOTOCROSS GIANT shop no more ships to TH dunno why i allready placed order spoked with customer service to make sure they'll ship everything, but then after all things was composed up some guy from them send me email that he doesn't ships to LOS and order is cancelled.

Naz

Nov 10, 2010
really can't see the reason to buy from uk or europe as prices there are much taller. in US thing costs 100 bucks then in UK same thing costs 100 pounds or euros...why on earth pay more?

Nov 7, 2007
Naz;269946 wrote: RIDERS DISCOUNT great shop great service blazing fast delivery and nothing missed everything fitted.
John (guy from their customer service) done grat job, because i was changing order thousands of times (according to money sotuation) then cancelling it at all, and paypal blocked my card twice, so i end up in sending wire transfer. But John done great he took all the effort and was waiting kindly helping me to make an order and to send a payment. Making sure things are in stock hundreds of times. Great service very much advised shop

i payed taxes as well 4k baht for taxes only as order was more than12k so 2 parcells with 6k baht of estimated cost each

MOTOCROSS GIANT shop no more ships to TH dunno why i allready placed order spoked with customer service to make sure they'll ship everything, but then after all things was composed up some guy from them send me email that he doesn't ships to LOS and order is cancelled.

seconded "riders discount" is very good ...good pricing & decent shipping pricing, i recall ( it was a year ago and had 2 orders with them) and swift feedbacks...found them actually on ebay .

mbox

Naz

Nov 10, 2010
yep actually i want to thank yoo mbox i've got there from your post in this tread...

shopping with RD is smooth as a silk highly reccomend just got y parcell month ago

Jul 28, 2008
Ordered quite a few items from pashnitmoto.com in America and the contact Tim is happy to declare the package as gift and declare a lower value. On Nov 1st they will also start a Galfer promotion where you get a free rear steel brake line when purchasing front ones which saves about $50.

Worth a look, they have pretty much everything!