Internet Mail Order

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
Why not try to find what you are looking for on eBay? I got my Garmin 60CSx there pretty cheap. You can pay with PayPal. Many sellers are willing to indicate that the package is a gift, possibly saving you some duty.

bill

Mar 29, 2004
Ray
You could try these guys

http://www.gps4fun.com/index.php?page=s ... &Itemid=30

I bought a 60csx from them in Nov 2007.
I paid with an Australian credit card /Aust billing address and they shipped to my Cambodian address.
Shipping was via USPS-EMS, cost $49 for the 3.1 lb parcel plus a $10 international handling fee.
No customs duty was charged Cambodian end (possibly because it was sent to a residential address rather than a business)

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
You just set up the PayPal account using your US bank account / debit card and you are good to go. PayPal debits your bank account and pays the merchant. Just make sure the merchant will ship to your Thai address. Most will.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
wimpy wrote: Just make sure the merchant will ship to your Thai address. Most will.
Most adds on eBay will say no to Thailand in the add... if you message them they will usually say yes... because generally the scammers aren't in Thailand. They might need to wait until your payment clears...

PayPal is OK... I use it... but you need to monitor it, as if things stuff up, they are SLOW to fix it... usually the best bet for international transactions...

You can set it up against any Visa/Maestro/Cirrus card...

easy to follow process... www.paypal.com

Cheers,
Daewoo

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
There mihgt be a problem there I have tried to sign up three times this afterm noon on Ebay lisitn Thailand it won't go through. Dont know.

Brillant me finally hit me to check Baht & Sold :oops:

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
I am signed up with Ebay and Paypal using my US address. When I make a purchase, I have the seller ship to my Thai address. This is usually not a problem with most sellers.

ray23 wrote: There mihgt be a problem there I have tried to sign up three times this afterm noon on Ebay lisitn Thailand it won't go through. Dont know.

Brillant me finally hit me to check Baht & Sold :oops:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Garmin 76CSx

Intresting his was avialble on Baht & Sold, only probelm I don't know if it is blue toothe compatible.

I don't have a US address so that might not work for me.

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
Thought you said you have an ATM card with a US address.

ray23 wrote: Garmin 76CSx

Intresting his was avialble on Baht & Sold, only probelm I don't know if it is blue toothe compatible.

I don't have a US address so that might not work for me.

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
You open the ebay and paypal accounts using your US banking info. When you buy the item on ebay, have them ship to Thailand. I do this all the time. There are some sellers that won't ship to a foreign address, but many will. Check before you bid. Simple really.

ray23 wrote: Yep but that won't get the product to Thailand for me. or am I missing something?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
wimpy wrote: You open the ebay and paypal accounts using your US banking info. When you buy the item on ebay, have them ship to Thailand. I do this all the time. There are some sellers that won't ship to a foreign address, but many will. Check before you bid. Simple really.

[quote quote=ray23]Yep but that won't get the product to Thailand for me. or am I missing something?

That called "ask the seller a question"

i'm currently waiting 2 different items and so far never had any problems, but ALWAYS ask before you bid if they ship it to Thailand,, so dont even they say that they shipped "worldwide"..

and ask shipping cost in advance as well,, as many of them prefer to use Fedex,UPS or any other courier,,, but USPS is way much cheaper and it comes in same speed with fraction of the cost.

I recently got USED windshield from Maryland and with UPS shipping cost for that would be abt 200USD, USPS shipping only with insurance 70USD..

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Hi

Today got Emegency air pump to bike(12V) and sellerstore in USA help me out by puting value of item as 14USD and actuall was 50, so i end up to pay import TAX first time 7 THB, getting pool in this way :wink:

still waiting Brake pads and windshield,, will see how is the tax on WS,,pads should be no problem

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Are there cases where you end up going to Bangkok? I know motorcycles but items say of $600, in value

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
So far for me ,never, all picked up from the post
will see what will happen to Windshield, but as we have custom office here near by Ubon, it actually should come here then,, dont know, but will see and one's it arrives, will let group know

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
And next order came today.
It was So clearly Marked BMW front brake pads and it came directly to my home post box,, NO TAXES AT ALL

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
http://www.eiova.com/index.php?main_pag ... &cPath=121

Check out the prices on these bike enough to make you cry :cry:

But import being what it is no way.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Ray

i just rent them email and will see what they say as we have cousin who works in Customs in Bkk,,,it' might be possible,,,will see.. :wink:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
ray23 wrote: http://www.eiova.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=121

Check out the prices on these bike enough to make you cry :cry:

But import being what it is no way.
Ok guys

here is they reply,just came in.

Dear Marco,

We are large company and we have business certificate.
All our items are originally new and legal.You need not worry about it.

We ship to every country and the motorcycle is shipped in a whole piece.
In addition,you'll be given a Manufactures Certificate of origin,warranty and
other relative documents.

The item 2007 BMW! K1200LT you want is from Germany.

If you have other questions contact me and we'll provide help all out we can.

Wish your response.

Thank you and wish you good luck.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
ok, 3rd pagage arrived just now, my new Aeroflow European cut windshield from TX and NO TAX.

box was 60cm x 70cm and 4.8kg.
It was stated as "Gift and titeled as "A shield"
pretty amazing,,,now next challenge is Zumo 550 what left US & A 2days ago,, will see what will happend withthat one,,,,.

Will kee you posted.