Kawasaki Dealer and Machine shop in Chiang Mai?

Nov 13, 2011
Hi - I live in Luang Prabang and recently bought an old KDX 250 to run around the dirt roads. I need some parts and nothing is available here. Does anyone know of any dealers or places I can get gaskets, seals etc. for it in Chiang Mai? - I also need a new piston/rings and maybe liner which is badly scored and will need a machine shop to do this. My friend is coming over there tomorrow with the barrel so any quick help would be appreciated. I think the KDX is similar to the KX and is early 1990's.

Many thanks

Jul 11, 2011
Sangchai Turakit Yarnyon company Limited (AKA Chiang Mai Kawasaki)
113 Chang Lor Road, Haiya, Muang District, Chiang Mai 50100
053-201509 - Ext #13 for parts
They may be able to help you out.
good luck mate.

Mar 11, 2008
I really doubt the Kwaker main dealer is going to have parts for a grey import 2 stroke ???

My brother has a KDX here and same issues, parts are hard to find.

Getting a barrel rebored isnt that tough, but if it is a coated barrel I have been unable to find anyone in Thailand that can recoat barrels. and even that all hinges on finding OS piston and rings. I would think you will have far more luck hunting online than physically in Thailand.

Feb 16, 2012
Just met the parts girls at the Kawasaki dealer here. I've got a "made in Thailand" 2008 KLX 250 which is carbed. They keep telling me they wont sell me anything because its not registered in Thailand - it's registered in Malaysia.
True enough the front brakes/rotars are different as is of course suspension, FI vs carb and meter but she didn't want to sell me a countershaft sprocket seal. Said if I took my off and ripped it more there's would be different and I'd blame them for not being able to fix it. Appreciated the warning but really had to coax them/assure them I'd take full responsiblity to have them "let me" buy one.

All that to say I'd have a tough time imagining them stocking mid 90's KDX parts but hopefully I'm wrong! The Honda dealership was more helpful for my KLX :)

Nov 13, 2011
thanks for the replies - will see what happens - maybe easier getting the parts from the UK!