Kawasaki GPZ 1000 RX with GB *** SOLD ***

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Will break her - anyone needing a running GPZ 1000 RX engine or parts, drop me an e-mail.

Ride on!

Chris

Jan 14, 2010
hs0zfe wrote: This bike needs a lot of TLC. I ordered lots of parts overseas and want to let someone else complete the project as they feel fit. (Metallic paint job? Got stainless steel fairings and motor screws, a spare shock absorber, complete brakes and hoses, Bridgestone front and back, 2nd carbs to avoid the hassle of replacing all gaskets and the needles etc. and more.

Tax and basic insurance were just renewed and Piston Shop in CM has the docs needed for a transfer.

Piston shop is going to do a complete service.

With parts being in the mail from Europe, it will be likely 3 more weeks before the bike is ready. As I'm replacing the thermostat, the radiator and the all too common rust in the tank will be addressed as well.

For the paint job, I heard ~ 6,500 plus more for metallic paint.

Seeing Reinhard aka MBOX success with his Yamaha Virago 750, I know that this project requires someone who knows what he's doing.

Not sure how to handle the photos as I'm too dumb to post them here is a proper fashion.
hope you can see some photos using this link.

I'm open for offers as the terrible state Simon's ex AT is in forces the sale. (Anyone bought a new tank, a complete fairing etc. for an RD04 Africa Twin? ) And before you start complaining about cracks in the fairing etc., you have now idea how much will be spent before the bike is turned over in a few weeks' time.

Thanks for looking,
Chris
[email [email protected]][email protected][/email]
02 501 5185 / 080 279 1574 / Skype: kf6vci
Here's 3 of the photos.

The rest are here: http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/kf6vci/MHS%20Loop%20July%202010/Kawasaki%20GPZ%201000%20RX%20FSBO%20at%2069%20k%20ONO%20with%20book/

FSBOGPZ1000RXPistonshopCNX-1.jpg

TriptoGoldenTriangle101.jpg

TriptoGoldenTriangle102.jpg

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Update
1.) I'm not sure whether 44,397 km is the true mileage, but given the bike's age, I wonder.

2.) Seeing the packaging of the K&N filter I ordered in WI reminds me to point that out as well.

3.) Piston Shop will get 5%. there have been 2 responses. One guy knows these Kawasaki big bikes well and wants to trade a CBR 250 RR four (the red line starts at 19,000 rpm). Another biker may want to break it.

I just entered 69 grand to put a price in, as I hate ads where one has to call to get this crucial information. But more importantly, I'm open for offers or trade in of a Honda step through

Obviously, 69 k is too high, given the responses or lack thereof.

Chris

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Will break the bike - a rider in Phuket wants the frame.
Any suggestions what to do with the other parts?

Take the CDI, the carbs and odd bits and pieces and leave the rest behind?
Would the tires fit another Kawasaki, like a GPZ 900? (New Bridgestones)?
Anyone needing a complete engine for some project?

Thanks again for the help, Captain Wally!

Chris