Kawasaki ZX14R / ZZR1400 coming to Thailand in 2013!

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
The New Exhausts make a Huge difference to the Look that's for Sure, Very Nice! I was a bit Disappointed with the Kawasaki stand at the Motorshow! They had the Beautiful ZX1400 stuck in a Cubicle and No One looking after it! Covered in Dirty Hand and Smudge Marks from all the Dirty Molesters and Scuff Marks all over the Tail section from all the Kicks it received from People to Lazy to Lift their Leg when they through it over to Fulfill their Fantasy!
Actually all the Bike Stands had hardly anyone present that could help or Knew anything about what they were Selling or could Provide any Information at all!!! Ducati was the best in all those Departments! Ducati also had some Beautiful Bikes with some Pretty Decent Deals available!!!

Kawboy

May 16, 2013
I just thought I'd confirm that the ZX-14R sold through Kawasaki Thailand is indeed full power- I have the bench harness and tuning software, and yesterday read the .bin file for my ECU from the 2013 I purchased through Real Motosports in Bangkok- the fuel, timing, secondary throttle plate settings, etc are exactly the same as the US, UK, Australia, etc versions (I have copies of these .bin files as well, so they were my basis-for-comparison).

Now that most of my modifications are done, I'm in the process of building a new map (that will take the place of the low-power setting) that will increase power across the mid-range (while leaving the normal full-power stock setting untouched except for a re-programming of the 'safety mode', which was put in by Kawasaki to decrease the STP opening percentage is the throttle is whacked open in the lower gears), so the current settings are of great interest to me.

There's not much info on the Thai version of the 14R beyond this thread (and it did in fact cause me concern over whether the bike I bought might be power-limited in some way prior to my taking delivery), and I wanted to clear up the 'restricted' issue once-and-for-all- as far as I can tell, there is no restricted version made anywhere in the world- I have heard that there's an issue with the bikes made specifically for the market in France, but I haven't seen the .bin file for it- the Thai version is definitely full-on.:wink: