LED lighting

bung

Feb 6, 2006
Hi all, I fitted some led indicators to my bike but it appears I need a led specific flasher unit for them to run. I also want to convert the idiot and speedo/tach lights to led's at the same time.

Is there any shop in Chiang Mai that would carry these parts? I tried running around with no luck, it would be great to know of a specific place to try before I go mail order.

Cheers.

Aug 13, 2007
Thailand
A lot of the LED indicators need resistors added for them to flash at the proper rate. You can google it. I bought rg racing indicators and they sell the resistors as a add on if they don't flash correctly. I haven't put them on yet though so can't say for sure.

bung

Feb 6, 2006
You don't need to fit resistors (and it is a lot easier) when you install a led compatible flasher unit. The led's have a much lower resistance so they flash faster (mine don't work at all as I have an electronic flasher unit, not the relay type.)

I ordered the correct flasher unit which will plug straight in and some idiot lights from here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/

I'll just have to use hand signals while I wait......