Looking for 650 BMW

Sep 4, 2007
I know Khon Kaen is not Bangkok, but at peak times its pretty chocked up with traffic. If just going in to KK, I always take my 250, its light, easy to park, and to retrieve from the parking spot when blocked in. Easy to split lanes, great view, has all the acceleration and speed you need in town, and its cheap, and rugged, if it does get a scratch from another careless parker its not a major disaster. Today, going thro 20 cm of water in places was not a problem.

So if the big GS is not nimble enough in town and a town bike is needed, why not a 250? Now available new, under 160K, or second hand a lot cheaper.

Jul 18, 2007
Mmmm, basic reason is that getting a smaller bike is also an excuse to get something kind of classic. The 250s are good options, but since I grew up with BSA/Triumph twins, and did thousands of kms on an Enfield Bullet, I like the old-style bikes better. That's just me.

Kon boraan.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
NDSinBKK, I know I'm a bad bad bad guy, :lol: just suggesting to other members to buy more bikes,.........but I can tell you frankly that I miss the Beemer already, handling and comfort was for me very good.....I don't mind vibrations, like you I like older thumpers too, currently I have 2 x SRX4 and one AX1 from John, they're totally different from the never failing FJR, there's always something to be repaired or fixed but they compensate as John stated already in the easiness while flipping trough traffic, moving up to the front at a queue at any traffic light, getting them out from the parking lot once boxed in, PETROL CONSUMPTION !!!! The SRX runs on 2,5 liters a 100 km, FJR would do 35km on the same amount........ :oops: well I'm gonna stay a bad guy in suggesting that a second, smaller bike is always a good option....... :p Cheers, Franz

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Franz,
How could anyone suggest your are a bad guy for having a Rot Jakayarn Noi, or two.
You are helping to save the planet, as you say lower fuel consumption and emissions, than the big beasts.
You are also helping to increase the number of bigger motorcys (250cc or over) in use in Thailand and hence the parts, service facilities etc.
Good for all of us I would say.

Now wonder what should be the next one I am keeping an eye open for(':D')

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tank you vely mut mistel John !!!!! At least one guy who puts some honey on me !!!!! Well John, what about an indian made Royal Enfield 350 or 500 ????? I was already searching all Thai websites but could not find one yet !! Wouldn't that be a good one for you too ?? FJR-F650-Raid250 and the 2 scooters, a classic bike would be a good addition, naye ???? :wink:

Jul 18, 2007
Franz - Eastern Seaboard wrote: Tank you vely mut mistel John !!!!! At least one guy who puts some honey on me !!!!! Well John, what about an indian made Royal Enfield 350 or 500 ????? I was already searching all Thai websites but could not find one yet !! Wouldn't that be a good one for you too ?? FJR-F650-Raid250 and the 2 scooters, a classic bike would be a good addition, naye ???? :wink:
No honey from me, dude. I think you were absolutely right to characterize yourself as a bad/bad/bad guy. There are impressionable people in this forum who are very easily influenced to yield to temptations. I happen to be one of them, and I'm VERY skilled at inventing plausible-sounding rationales for what I know I should not be doing. You are a BAD influence...

And it so happens that I saw, a couple of days ago, a beautiful Enfield exactly as you describe (and like I used to own) sitting in front of Khun Yut's BMW shop. I was going to go back and buy...uh...discuss...it with K. Yut, but I haven't seen it again. Maybe a repair. I'd buy...uh...think about buying...one in a heartbeat.

Your earlier post about the nuisance value of big bikes strikes a chord of recognition. I'm going to start a new thread over in "Anything Here" on that topic - you will be credited with the inspiration...

PSS

Aug 30, 2008
I have the yellow one , BMW F650GS 2001

i'm in KhonKaen

If you're interested please feel free to ask me

it's about odo 11,6xx

thanks , Poon