Looking For Bangkok Insurance For The Bike.

Dec 15, 2010
A couple of months ago, I heard about a joint venture with Bangkok Insurance and a Lao Insurance company. So I was wondering to switch to them, so there would be no need to search after insurance on the Lao side anymore. On their website I did not find anything about bike insurance.
Seems a bit iffy to order it through their website, it shows just "cars", but that could be just a Google translate issue. Is there any possibility to order a insurance online, I would need it from 21st April on, or is eventually the best bet going through a broker, and which one would you recommend.
Coming to brokers, AA in Pattaya is often recommended, or was just thinking to use the same one we have the GT-health insurance with.
On a side note: The green book uses still my old Passport, I guess this should be updated as well, probably b4 getting the tax and insurance done?

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Will ask the wife. She is good friends with our local BKK branch manager.
One thing I do know - they do not give loans for motorcycle purchase. Cars/pickups only
AA is good, altho being in CNX we go thru Tokyo Marine for all our bikes and cars. Another good friend of the wife, tho' that cuts no mustard re: premiums !
Try BKK insurance Facebook page. Social media typically results in much quicker response here.
Bangkok Insurance
Multi company quotes via email here
Automobile and Motorcycle Insurance

Dec 15, 2010
Well, got the answer from them. Do not insure bikes. Only cars, might be the bikes have the steering wheel on the wrong side.

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
For the reason that if they ensure one they will be forced to insure all.
And with the number of motorcycles - scooters - in this country I would not want the headache for little or no return. People with little money ... after all it is a business
Would you cater your business to people who can not afford to buy ?