1618528208508.png

Moto-Rex

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Great photos. I reckon we should move them into one trip post if you are ok. I can sort it for you.

Theres a thread here to post your bike as well

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Some great photos there Ughetto.

Where is this? Looks like a nice place.
View attachment 140840

Moto-Rex
Is in Chiang Rai koolapan view cloose from where we live
we rent last 4 5 years to foreigner and thai
but we stop to rent before covid come
because
also If we get 1500 Thai baht a day
and was rented 100 days for years
we prefer to quit the job
and use only for friends when they come to see us
this was the web page when we rent before
is not possible anymore to make reservation
i am thinking to separated from the house where we live
because can have private entrance
and rent only for year
but slowly first must to wait tourist come back
and then found also the right person
price can to be 100.000 Thai baht a year cash advance electric and water include
inside cannot see in a picture have also forniture teak wood refrigerator air condition tv fan
only I need to build a kitchen corner in the garden
and will be complete like a small house
is 35 sqm with veranda
27,5 sqm inside
swimming pool is at 50 mt distance

i hope no problem for the web site is not for business anymore
we make building in phrae and they assemblate in 1 week
we do in 2013

Last edited:

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Ok David you are the boss and the owner
you can do anything you want
Same friend of me meet you in a coffee shop on the Mekong river
cloose to chiang Khong
hope to meet you one day
bye

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
9F21E482-E6E5-4AF8-95BD-91F768D1E191.jpeg

On On Hotel the more older hotel in Phuket Town 1700 Thai baht a day

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
DDBBBFD8-C181-4DAB-B9C0-C75421B431FA.jpeg

My best time Chiang Rai Phuket without stop 1760 km before problem of covid with the traffic was 22 hours.Normally i stop for sleep Suphan Buri o Hua Hin or Praciuap Kirikan

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
D7C18A96-9D1E-48E1-941D-B11CE35B47E5.jpeg

When I stop for sleep best time Chiang Rai Phuket Kamala beach and i am more concentrate is 17 hours drive

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Very sad Laos still closed and police start to ask money.The street I prefer to do for go Luang Prabang from Chiang Rai is what they call the elefhant trek from nan province.
My best time Luang Prabang Chiang Rai from that way and the passenger is 12 hours.
For go from Chiang Rai to Luang Prabang is impossible to do the same time of driving because need to loose time for make insurance at the border.
Sure not now because the border with Laos is closed.

Last edited:

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Also talking about Laos I drive with a friend from Chiang Khong until Boten off road with the car along Mekong river.Nobody do it before don’have notice in internet car can pass only motorbike.This was about 2011 or 2013 and when I come back Chiang rai 20 days before we went pirates kill 13 people in a boat in Mekong river, pirates not only kill but cut the persons in 1000 piece same we do with the beef for eating.The boat across Mekong river get at last not less than one attack from pirates.we study the road from google maps making a lot of point in computer where we was thinking was possible to pass,friend have gps adverts us when we go outside from the road we design with the click of the mouse.Him record data and street of that trip.

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Myanmar I have friend go there before but with a organized tour.
Now is impossible to go for the problem we know.
I enter from Mae Sai Takilek with my girl friend around 2008.
Before was possible to enter only for the day with police keep the passport at the border in Takilek but in one day if you make me enter I can do a lot of km.
This my experience there.
Motorbike belong to my girlfriend
For 3 time they say to me Thai immigration you cannot enter but finally at that day we go inside
Before I have international driving licence
Drive to the right side of Takilek for about 30 km pass airport and many ceck point
and one police follow us with a motorbike was very hungry expecially with my girl friend because may be was thinking was a Myanmar girl bring me around.
From him hand how him move we can understand if I continue that way they will kill us.
What I thinking this was a poppy area growing.
Bring us in a ceck point ask why I don ‘t stop I no stop because nobody stop me and have police or army dress.
They let me go.
Drive again inside Takilek on the mountain full of Chinese cemetery no way for continue.
Drive the right side of Takilek army with pick up and big gun fixed on top pick up at hight speed taking all street and if you sleep and no go near the border of the street nobody can tell to you same story, the foreigner die because incident happen.
This the only experience driving in Mynamar my girl friend no want to go there anymore.
They say must to go in a group o can loose motorbike police they put you in the middle and they take can ask money for five back or they will sell from themself.
This the notice I get.
First time I went Myanmar for 1 month was 2001 moving with the bus always broke. Fix in the middle of nothing
And if nothing happen to your bus
Will happen to the bus of the same company drive in the opposite direction you are going.
Wonderful country sad for have problem like this now....

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Malesia and Singapore I went 5 time from Chiang rai are about 3000 lm one way.
Very strange Singapore rent to you a small gps or computer record all infraction you do and when you are back at the border if you do samething wrong need to pay or cannot go outside.
One time we buy in Malesia Tamar Negara from orang asli human primate or primitive live in the Forrest same bambù that if you use with mouth can kill animal.
They see at the border with Singapore and police Singapore stop us for 5 hours I think they arrest us.
At the end they ceck us for drugs and many think
And give me a paper I can carry keep inside the room without taking in a public place.
For go Singapore I know the est and west coast and also central Malesia peninsular.
Dangerous is the area south of Thailand from Hat Yai until Naratiwat
2 hotel where I sleep after happen they put bomb.
At that area is better no stop at traffic light
Normally they kill police every 10 km for 300 km have one ceck point.
You fell you are in a War area pass from there.I prefer to go there from Satun province.

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
One story I need to tell you about traveling in Asia expecially Thailand about my way of thinking.
From many video on YouTube about people drive motor circle in a group and they loose life
Friends take off visibility
and concentration.
For drive in Thailand need 1000 eye concentration. and experience.
The new model of car can drive at hight speed and they pass you at 5 cm.
In the past until 20 years ago this was not possible.
Another story about Chiang rai I have video of this dramatic ending.
One friend drive the scooter in 2017 street from wiang chai intersection stadium with the street go to the airport phaolitin road.The green at the traffic light come already from 8 second before
From web cam of one car I have the video my friend arrive
And one boy driving a bus pass with the red color and kill him the ribs broken and die in the way of the hospital.
This friend was from my home town was the dj of the disco where I enjoi life when I was young was my Neibur in Thai and closed friend i fly togheter with him last time before him die from Europe.
Before across one traffic light in Thailand
Watch at the right and then the left
Take off speed and if nobody come you can go.
That situation was very normal in the south of Thailand but happen also in Chiang Rai o everywhere.
Try to wear the helmet expecially in night time also when police don t stop you because you are farang the problem is not 300 baht police can ask to you
But samebody drunk can broken a bottle of bear in your head when you stop at traffic light.
Samething like this never happen to me
But we listen story and we must to learn.
Expecially in Phuket where in the past they building a lot the truck loose a lot of sand in the street.
You can found water in one sharp when have sun.
Forget if you are a good driver in Europe Or your country
Never keep Thai people driving in front or the back of you get your risk and pass them or let them go.
The street in front of you must to be free from traffic and visibility.
what they can do is not under imagination
They can stop
They can put light at the right and go left or the opposite.
Stay away from them as possible cannot prevedibility what they will do what they thinking if they are drunk or get metanfetamine very popolar in Asia.
Normally if one Thai driving at hight speed and pass you will stop next 100 mt or 1 2 3 km
We love them but they get driver licence without do a correct school teaching to them how to do
First second minutes when start raining we can start to see accident in the street.
Wear a properly helmet and don’t trust plastic helmet just for not pay police fine.
Write from samebody boring to see samebody die with motorbike every day in Phuket in the past now no traffic
Keeping the body at the street for hours with the blood
And in Bangkok cover with a white cotton.
When pass sameone do it from far away
In
My experience one truck few time try to kill me with one friend we follow one time but we finish gasoline we let him go.
I cannot imagine what happen if him will stop in a gasoline station
Sure will be not kiss.
For my experience radar for speed does not work in thai
I go Bangkok 2 time last 2 weeks
I can see the flash from the front 6 7 time
Must to be fast for smile if you want to do a good picture
No number in front of motorbike only at the back.
1 years ago they stop me with radar with police in the street speed limit was 120 kmh I do 172 kmh 500 baht and in 5 minutes I strart to drive again may be also In less time.
They know one motorbike pass at hight speed they don t know number but with radio they talking.
The problem are not the fine but the life

Last edited: