Mae Hong Son Via Wat Chan

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - General Discussion Forum' started by Wazza, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Wazza

Wazza Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi Everyone,
    I keep looking at the map and wondering if it's viable to head up the 3006 from Wat Chan to MHS. I've seen threads discussing the 1265 on to Pai, So I gather the road to Wat Chan from CNX would be ok.. I was more thinking of cutting off the SW corner and getting the best of the loop. Considering doing it at Christmas on a V strom.I'm guessing it's mainly dirt and around 75kms of it. Appreciate any advice.
    Regards Wazza

2. Wazza

Wazza Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    And then on the WOW(Thailand North) map, it shows the 1265 going almost directly west from Wat Chan and joining the 108 near the Meo Microwave/Pha Bong Reservoir. The 2 maps contradict one another quite markedly.
    Regards Wazza

3. Wazza

Wazza Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    A little surprised no one has been through that way as it’s a deviation off the road to Pai.

4. Oddvar

Oddvar Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    The OSM map is very good in that area. I came back from MHS via Ban Nong Kieow / 4009 and north to the Elephant trail and on to Wat Chan. The OSM was correct all the way.
    Doable on any bike with nobbie tyres.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wazza

Wazza Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Oddvar,
    Had scrapped that from the route book due to the lack of votes and knobies.
    My next trip is the 5th in a couple of years, and it’s like sitting at a table of your very favourite food and told you can’t taste all in one sitting. And there’s someone at the table telling you there’s still better to be tasted but not today. Thanks for your reply.
    Do you do mainly dirt or mix it up?
    Cheers Wazza