Maxi scooters

Jun 17, 2009
Hi fellas!

I owned Kawasaki KSR, tried many 120cc scooters, 150cc CBR and realized - I want to ride heavier, more powerful and bigger motorbike, but with a comfort of scooter. So - I want to try maxi-scooter.

I see them sometime on Thailand roads, but don't understand, how I can try it. Now I'm live in Chiang Mai, here I saw only one maxi-scooter related thing: Yamaha sells new T-Max model in showroom close to Kad Suan Kaew. That's all. Actually I don't like this model at all, and, of course, they sell it, not rent.

Any ideas how to try it? At least - where to see more maxi scoots in CM?

P. S. Pls, don't offer PCX. It's regular lightweight 120cc scooter which pretend to look like a maxi.

Mar 11, 2008
Comfy beasties but not cheap.. A buddy got a score in a silverhawk but that set him back 150 ish thousand.. The T Max 500 is 555,000 baht last time I checked.

So not hard to find but not easy to find cheap.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Here in Phuket I see foreigners every day on Yamaha T-Max 400 and 500s. Cool scoots, I'd be interested in one, they look comfortable and make a lot of sense. They accelerate quite well, for a scooter. I sat on one but the seating position was straight up, handle bars coming towards me, sitting on the base of the spine like on a chopper.
I like to lean a bit forward like on a standard.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
samlowry;263804 wrote:

Yamaha sells new T-Max model in showroom close to Kad Suan Kaew.
Didn't know that the T-Max is officially sold new here.

It's quite a step up from the PCX 125, powerwise and pricewise.

Scooters are the future, this market segment is growing, especially in Europe, and I wonder why we don't get a 250cc scooter here.

The PCX 125 sells like crazy, that's a good indication.

Kawasaki should build the first twin-cylinder 250cc scooter with a detuned engine of the Ninja - small, light, sporty, no travel-tourer like the ugly Suzukis.
Assembled here, it should sell well for around 150,000 baht.

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
I have seen a Suzuki scooters ( 500/600cc) club / members parked up at the Good View resturant on the River ( 7 to 8pm ) quite a few times maybe someone there could help you !!!

Good Luck

Mar 11, 2008
Beware the guy selling them from Phuket also (has adverts on a few forums) price is good but they are either unplated, can plate in 1 month for 40k, or chonburi plates.

The story changes each time he says it and seems he has 3 or so for sale.. Buyer beware unless you know and can live with the plate hassles.

Oct 17, 2006
Some rental in Pattaya have Tmax and Burgman and others so a trip to Patters and rent a couple to test ride might be an idea.

Jun 17, 2009
Which rentals? Live 2 yrs there, found a bike&tuning shop only (under Thappraya & 3rd roads inters.), they have variety, but don't rent out it.