Meet The Huligans in Nan 11-15.2.10 tour

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Wow time has flyed since my last Nan

so when i heard that guys are heading to Nan,, i was ready,,even i have still same old front tyre,,,
so tim to leave at 0558am
IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

Nice and cool to ride +22.5c and No traffic, i was wondering what was wrong as i got way too many flashing head lights to me, so i found out that my head lights where poining too high,,well 5000K for they eyes,, no problem at least they see me...LOL
IMG_5287.jpg

riding nice and slow(at least when taking picture,,,,), i have to say that i love riding at dark,it's all changed when i got my new set of head light...
IMG_5289.jpg

nice sun rice and keeping good speed,,
in original plan i was planned to stop in Phetchabun to meed Bard but unfortunetly he could not make it so i desidd to hea Phitsnulok and find hotel in there
HEY
almost forgot,,,just before Lom sak there was HUGE military exercise and HAT HAT HAT men running around and then come BATTLE OF TANKS,, MY GERMAN TANK VERSUS THAI TANK.. Result,, Thai tank turn away..hahahaha
IMG_5290.jpg

more to come as you know,, tomorrow is NEW day again..stay tuned

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
thanx colin,, will see what is coming up, we usually siting whole evening in the river side and eat and drink there,,

OH i almost forgot what happen this afternoon on my way to Khoen Kaen

just before Khoen kaen brewery of Singa beer,, i was coming again moderate traffic and doing around 130kmh and braoching easy right hand turn less than 10dec bend, i ws around 200met away when 2 pick ups start to over take a slower car and as i flash my head light they when off quickly but when i was around 70met away one pick up suddenly just cae out and start to over take the car, i really did not have so much space about 1-1 1/2met in my left side to avoide lethal head on coalition with him, but he got so scared as well as he try to pul back as much he could,,all thing was over with in 2-3sec and again this was really goo reminder that keep on looking ALL THE TIME oncomig traffic and try to keep your left side clear just incase you need to do sudden manuver,,i had about 30cm clearance to his pick up...
guys ride safely,,,and look out all times

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
ok so now im Home and this part of the report contain some NIGHT Ride clips what i took with my Normal Canon IXUS 801S camra,so bit shaky and fact that i was riding with one hand at the time,, so beare with me on that,,meaning was just give you a hint how it looks for those who has not ride during 1am.. i personally love it.

OK back to story

So after thank meeting i was proaching to Phetchabun so time to call Bard and see how is he doing and wheather or not he is coming, and He could not join,, how dissapointing,,but then i was middle of the road,, HEY,not middle but on the road and it was 1pm and i been thinking where should i stay over night so i desided to run up to Phitsanulok and try to find bed in there and Bed i found, nice very good hotel for 400thb with real coffee shop downstairs,but no breky,,coffee joint opens at 7am.

IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

Also if you dont have your own laptop with you coffee joint has inet for free of charge(for customers)
IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

Free coffee and Snacks for Hotel customers
IMG_5313.jpg

Or you can sit in the basket and look world go by..

So mornign i have a ride from phitsanulok to Nan 377+7 to turn, nice day ride, im off 8am
IMG_5314.jpg
IMG_5315.jpg

on the junktion of Phitsanulok and HW 12 tey have build thse nice houses,, for what i have no idea...
IMG_5316.jpg

I have to say that HW11 is one of the booring ride,, but luckily i have cruise control on my BUSS, so i can just sit and relax...
IMG_5317.jpg
IMG_5320.jpg

Nothing else to take a pic,,so at least signs..hihiihi

Then there is 1km road work, not bad and there was no loose surface in my time(day &night ride)
IMG_5321.jpg
IMG_5322.jpg

I arrived to our destination about 2.5hr before "huligans"
IMG_5324.jpg

Grand Mansion in Nan, great place and very good parking.
Rooms has Wifi and power shower, meaning good water preasure.

After eating, there was time to water the local trees,,
IMG_5326.jpg

it was so early so we went to restaurants along the river, i think it was just beside the terasse restaurant. then off we went to river side and our friendly staff was there also,franz you remeber him,he remember all of us and ask where was the rest,,
IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

also Pink bikes where there, and later Tony has fell in love to that bike...(pic later)
IMG_5329.jpg

Beer first and food..
IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_5331.jpg

Then have a fun with the "Pink" bike
IMG_5333.jpg

There was defently some atraction towars the tips in here...
Grehard and Tiger where nackerd so they went to Beauty sleep early and Me and Tony continue and later where joined by Dirt Honky,i think it was and his buddy,,gracy dudes but lots of fun, guys where in to JD and it went down rather good speed(they where NOT with bike).
So gerhard and Tiger left
th_MVI_5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

Then there more odd looking bikes..(suzuki was this)
IMG_5343.jpg

And grazy lads,,nice to meet you guys ws lot of fun(if i remember right)
hope you had good time in Channel X disco,,
IMG_5346.jpg

Late night group (Others sleep in this time already..LOL)
Next morning, Breaky in HOT Bread, good food, but DO NOT go there if you are in hurry,, service requires a bit of time, but food is exelent.
IMG_5347.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

Then where where off to ride and it was fun end exiting(I over shot one turn and almost hit the bridge and if i would, i would fly down to rived 20 or so met below,,luckily i did not,, so i LEARN again take my sweet time and do not push too hard, 420kg do not stop and turn so easilly...
IMG_5350.jpg

So huligans where ready and of they go and i followed them in some (10min) behind,, :wink:
After fueling every one was ready
IMG_5355.jpg

here i still see them..
IMG_5374.jpg

Here i dont...
IMG_5373.jpg

But like said after that 1st turn,, i took really slow..
here is link to our look from my "IgotU" page, from there you can see and look and copy(i think) all the ridings i have done with guys.
The files are DDMMYY format, so you can see my latest are in the first and so fort..
http://www.a-trip.com/users/home/3566
Later as i got lost from the guys,,in one junction even i asked from the police check point where the guys went and BIB told me Mai ruu....
they turn to 1091 to Phayao and i turn Phrae 1120,,so i was wonedering in Song,,where they where and then check my phone there was message from Tony saying that i mostlikely turn to left as i did,, well i always lost if i ride alone,but never the less, fun ride and nice road, guys also had good time,, sad that i did not got tonys phone as they where worried abt e and so turn back to look at me and when back about 20-30km at least,,sorry guys, but that shows how our riding buddies looking after each others, i finally sms tony but that time they went back already and they continue they loop and i went my own back to Nan

Then i when to Nan Stake house and good food there and Owner is from Sweden,nice lad and we talked a lot, that time guys where back and plan to eat in Darios so it ment 2 dinners for me..LOL
i already told the guys tha im leaving between 1-2am following night as i love riding night time,,few shaky pictures and vdos as well.
So i left 0129am arrived stopped in 3amDen Sai,fuel+Coffee+Pizza from last night, next top 6amLom Sak, Fuel+Real coffee as Esso in 2km before turing Phetchabun has real coffee shop open 24/7 and left over pizza that time also and last stop 3hrs, 8am in Khoen Kaen to my friends house and left 11am and arrived pharmacy at 2.07pm(14:07hrs)
here is few pictures and clips from the night
th_MVI_5384.jpg

th_MVI_5386.jpg

th_MVI_5388.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

Here you can see ETA(Estimate time of arrival to my home)
IMG_5381.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

Sun finally come up while im in the Tad Mak National park before Khoen Kaen in HW12
IMG_5394.jpg

At this time of the year we have A lots of Sugar cane truck a road so be really carefull while riding, here is one what just turn over

unfortunently i did not catch the truck but it was there still and i personlaly dont even ride close to them and in the turns,,,dont stay inside,,as they are heavily over loaded all the time,,,and depree i falling of from them as well

and finally Statictic's of the trip
Stoppage time is when GPS was connected to bike and do not calculate over nights or similar activities,,,
IMG_5397-1.jpg

IMG_5396-1.jpg

IMG_5395-1.jpg

that is when i started from home and arrived to home.

Tony, Gerhard and TIger, thanx for this and it was so much fun as expected.
See you guys soon

Dec 27, 2007
Cheers Marco!
Great to see you and sorry again that we lost you at the junction to Phayao. (Thought you knew the way and we were waiting for you in the shade just ~50m down the road) (Pics courtesy of Tiger, aka NOAY) :wink:
WaitingforMarcoSmall.jpg

Waiting for Marco...
bikesSmall.jpg

Still waiting for Marco... :wink:
We got a bit worried so backtracked on the 1091 to the last place we saw you. Didn't find you and wasn't able to reach you on the phone so we had to assume you'd take a wrong turn.
whereisMarcoSmall.jpg

Where is Marco? He must have turned left towards Phrae instead of right towards Phayao :oops:

Ah well- good times! I had some great pics as well but lost my camera somewhere along the way... crybaby
Look forward to seeing you again soon!
BUT CHANGE THAT DAMN TIRE MAN!!! Making us all very nervous!!! :shock:
All the best,
Tony

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Tony 29000km now on that tyre,, WHO said that Metzeler wont last,, I have proof them wrong,,
mid march next change to changeit,, will get price today before noon when i call the guy in puretyres,,seem like very good lad..
see the topic: tyre and where to get them..

Dec 27, 2007
Here are a few more videos from last weeks awesome ride to Nan and Loei-

Kawasaki Ninja 650R Chasing Honda VFR 800 and Triumph Tiger on Highway 120 near Phayao, Thailand What an AWESOME road!
[youtube:18beetbq] /youtube:18beetbq]

Route 1081 Part I :mrgreen:

Route 1081 Part II :mrgreen::mrgreen:

More to come!

Ride On!

Tony