Mission One - electric bike

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi guys, anyone seen this website already, just found the link in an Austrian newspaper and it's understood that this bike costs US$ 68.995,-.
Are these UFO's the things that will come I wonder ??

http://www.ridemission.com/

Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Here's also some fotos:

missionone-1.jpg

missionone-2.jpg

Sides reassemble some panels in a custom kitchen, not my taste and the steepness of the back should wet your backside a little more than usual. Would look different if the sidepanels wouldn't be painted in this blackish colour; but at least something to start with..... Cheers, Franz

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
US$ 68.995,- Batteries not included!
Just kidding!
But if a bike doesn't smell of gasoline, has no engine that vibrates, and doesn't make any sound - I don't want it!!
Fortunately by that time I'll be in an electrical wheel chair...

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Just checked out their website - top speed and torque numbers are impressive, but no mention of weight. I had a good laugh at this statement:
"150 miles on a single charge
Built with high-energy lithium-ion batteries that can recharge anywhere, the Mission One proves there are no longer limits to going electric."

No limits as long as you don't go farther than 150 miles! If you don't have another charged battery with you, you're stuck - how long?
And we are protecting the environment... But if everybody would recharge his steed and car and truck with electricity, how many (nuclear?)power plants would we need?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Yes Klaus, also not my soup :( , and the price :evil: , but somewhere they have to start. Interesting though the article in the local austrian news about new batteries; sorry it's in German but says as much as:
http://science.orf.at/science/news/154904
MIT scientists from the US made a breaktrough in battery technology so that in the future, they can be charged within minutes or even seconds to their full capacity. New technology is based on a Lithium-Phosphate coating whereas current ones use a Lithium-Ferrum-Phosphate coat.

Cheers, Franz

PS: by the way, the Royal Enfield project got too complicated for my former colleague, so he will heed my advice and get a new one from the UK. Anyway, many many thanks for your efforts. Once we meet, beer's on my bill !!!!