Motorbike Trip Thailand -cambodia -laos -thailand

klabu

Oct 11, 2014
Pai
would like to do this year a trip starting in bkk entering cambodia to laos exiting at nan. I did a laos only trip with my honda wave no problem in laos. Question is your experience knowledge on bringing your own thai registered 125 cc motorbike into cambodia and than better exit again to thailand entering again laos or is it easy to do the cambodia to laos to thailand version. Any help information experience?

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Entering Cambodia from Thailand should probably be done at the Chong Chom/O’Smach border in Thailands Surin province. (and then theres only 2-3 hours ride down to Siem Reap) Sa Ngam a bit east of Chong Chom is also ok from what I have heard. I had a friend crossing over there with a thai plated bike earlier this year without problems. Maybe Hat Lek will be ok too, but Im not sure. Others might now better?
Do not cross at the Poi Pet border, its corrupted as f*%# and they would want expensive permits.

Crossing into Laos on a 125 cc bike is since a year or two back not allowed. It must be at least 250 cc. But how strict it is enforced at each and every bordercrossing is hard to say.
Thai bikes are also for the moment not popular into Laos. Must be a part of a group and have permits via a Lao agency. David would know more about this...

klabu

Oct 11, 2014
Pai
Thank you guys for the answers and links provided which i studied and came to the conclusion - It seems more of an gamble to plan another laos trip than with too much of an uncertain outcome guess i did my last trip to laos two years ago , but at least i did a dozen beautiful trips with my honda dream now wave- will miss them for sure- at least i were lucky to experience them in length.

For Cambodia it seems possible but also somewhat murky not as straight forward as laos until recently with import/export papers etc. so I guess I will skip on cambodia as well.

I thought ASEAN regulations will make it all easier to travel instead we see now its more difficult than ever.

Until further more positive news or updates guys good luck and stay safe.