Muslim (Halal) Food in North Thailand

Oct 12, 2007
Hi to all,
I will be going up to northern thailand particularly Chiang Mai, MHS, Chiang Rai n GT from 23 Nov - 9 Dec. Most likely with another 2 riders and a pillion.

Need recommendations for halal restaurants or places to find halal food around the area if there is any. Thanks and much appreciated.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
There are a quite a few around Chiang Mai i know of and also Pai has a large Muslim Community. There are alot of Muslim Tourists visit the North so i would guess there are alot of Places who cater for them, Most display a sign out front. You should have no problem at all.
Cheers Ian.

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
al simmon, as i know their have alot of muslim food,especially sell by muslim chinese
hainan..and myamar muslim..in changrai near met sai.U net to look for signboard green or red colour of half moon and star..this shop sell muslim and halal food.
have nice day nad ride bro..
will ride to gt (again)from klMalaysia to gt follow mekong river on january.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by Al-Simmons

Hi to all,
I will be going up to northern thailand particularly Chiang Mai, MHS, Chiang Rai n GT from 23 Nov - 9 Dec. Most likely with another 2 riders and a pillion.

Need recommendations for halal restaurants or places to find halal food around the area if there is any. Thanks and much appreciated.

Yep no trouble for hahal food in North Thailand.
Just about all the towns have it: Chiang Mai, Mae Sarieng, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Fang, Tha Ton, Doi Mae Salong, Mae Sai, Chiang Saen, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Lampang, Nan, Chiang Kham. Chiang Khong must, but can't remember where.
So don't worry, just come, ride & enjoy yourself.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Any Chinese-Thai Restaurant you can get vegetarian food (easily recognisable trough both languages used in their shopboards), just tell them you want to : "tahn je" and they will show you their vegetarian choice, this just in case you don't find a shop with the halal sign. cheers, franz

razin

Jun 11, 2006
All 7-Eleven sell halal Chicken Pie and rotty (or roti canai, sweet one) is available in most town. Ask for "Ah han Islam" (muslim food) or "masjid" as most mosque have halal food stalls nearby.

Oct 12, 2007
quote:

Originally posted by razin

All 7-Eleven sell halal Chicken Pie and rotty (or roti canai, sweet one) is available in most town. Ask for "Ah han Islam" (muslim food) or "masjid" as most mosque have halal food stalls nearby.

thanks razin