My LITTLE Adventure Up North

Aug 24, 2009
Captain_Slash wrote: A good report there, how did the bike cope with the trip?
the bike coped pretty well actually, except for the minor tire hiccup, i didn't experience any mechanical faults whatsoever. Did feel abit of a drag when i was high up in the mountainous regions of Northern Thailand and Lao though, when the bike sort of struggle to combust the fuel with the thin air! Still made pretty good mileage per liter though, averaging about 35-40km per liter of fuel! Out of precaution, the only maintenance done throughout the whole trip was a change of 1litre of fully synthetic engine oil plus 1 iridium spark plug!

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
I really enjoyed reading your epic trip report superstylefactor, great photos and story telling, that showed you had a great bike ride, and a good time doing it.
Your report is IMHO, one of the best on GT-Rider.

Thanks for taken the time to write it up.

Cheers Moto-Rex

Aug 24, 2009
Moto-Rex wrote: I really enjoyed reading your epic trip report superstylefactor, great photos and story telling, that showed you had a great bike ride, and a good time doing it.
Your report is IMHO, one of the best on GT-Rider.

Thanks for taken the time to write it up.

Cheers Moto-Rex
wow, thanks for the compliment! and for taking the time to read as well!

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hi Superstylefactor,

Your trip report amazes me... What a trip! And such determination, fun and sensibility mixed together!
If you allow me to tell that: you kindly give here a good lesson to everyone: no need to ride a monstruous brand new Kayasuho (and the rest) to meet THE adventure... The guts at first!.. And you have a lot I suppose...

Hat down, Superstylefactor.
You make my day... No, better said: my year!

Thanks to take time to write this here.

Cheers and happy trails!
Gobs

bard

Oct 2, 2008
That was a great report, and an unbelievable tour to do on a ksr, man I bow in the dust for that one. Well done...

Sep 3, 2009
Gotta keep heaping on the praise! One of the best ride reports I've read on ANY site. I'm going to be following in your steps a bit in early October...one of the loops up out of Chiang Mai....now looking forward to it all the more! guess I'm going to have to pic up a proper waterproof jacket. What kinda of camera were you using?

Love yr bike by the way...looks like a small but comfortable SM610!

Thanks again for the great report

zain

Sep 2, 2009
What a wonderful journey thru out the whole malaysia,a lope of thai and a bit of laos. Can't imagine i could do the same thing. Nice report and pics. This is what they usually say "iron butt ride". Bravo... :wink:

Feb 15, 2009
Nice write up...and good pix!
I'm impressed you did it on that bike...don't see many in Australia, but when I saw them in ChiangMai, I thought they had style - now you've proven it. The great thing is they are transportable, AND are small enough to be allowed in Vietnam. You are giving me ideas........ :D

Mar 11, 2008
I just picked up this link from a Thai expat forum about a "KSR" which I'd never heard of before (not sold here in Canada -- soon moving to SEA) but was intrigued by. I was going to take a quick read of a few of your posts and ended up reading the entire thing, every word!

You managed to sprinkle in some pretty good info about local sites and how things operate in an entertaining way, too. Well done, SSF. :D

blackb15

Subscribed
Oct 11, 2009
Hello good write up just re read it I want to go from Thailand to Laos on a bike hired from Thailand but Reading your article hiring from bangkok is another option then riding to Laos then chaing mai and back to bangkok do you think 2 weeks would be long enough for that trip .Thanks for all the information it will help with planning my this year .
Safe riding
Paul

Abg Acid

Ol'Timer
Jan 31, 2007
Malaysia
Cant be sure how I missed this thread. Certainly a good one here. Splendid write up and truly amazing pics. You did well bro. This is a classical case of "Less is more"

AA