My up comming trip to Thialand

garyk

Oct 24, 2007
I am new to this. But I am interested in some riding while in Thailand. I was there last year for a month. I went to Chiang Mai and just happened on Pai on the loop. I really enjoyed myself there. This time i have scheduled 3 months for my visit. And I would like to start in Chiang Mai again and head out from there. AS I know nothing about riding in Thiland. I was wondering what you would suggest for a 3 month ride there.

I travel alone and enjoy it that way, so far. Last time i was there i rented a 125 honda and it was fine with me. I enjoyed Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son, but got caught up with the scene in Pai.. I would like to find other citys like Pai.. Are there any other places like that in Thailand? And if so where?

Thanks, El Mule
I own a 1200 GSA and it's name is El Mule... The Mule

garyk

Oct 24, 2007
I am scheduled to land in BKK on November the 9th... This is just to give the readers a time frame on arrival. Departure date is Feb. 6th.
Thanks

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
You will be here for the best riding weather thats for sure!!! Pai is a little unique in its Atmosphere but there are a Load of other Places worth the Visit. With the length of your Trip you should consider doing Laos as well? I would suggest you meet up with a few of the GT-Rider Guys in Chiang Mai get all their suggestions then chose what best suits you. Don't forget to get all the Maps and Stuff off David and you should be able to get a pretty good Holiday going after that. See you here.
Cheers Ian.

Oct 15, 2006
Yes, I agree, get some maps from David. It will make your trip much more enjoyable.
Here are some of the trips I found very enjoyable. We live in Chiang Dao and always start from here....

Chiang Dao, Fang, Mae Ai, Thaton, Doi Mae Salong, Golden Triangle (Chiang Saen), Chiang Khong and then along the Lao Border down to Na Haeo, from there along the river and border to Nong Khai, down to Udonthani and so on .....

Another ride we enjoyed very much was Chiang Dao, Mae Taeng, Pai, Mae Hong Son, Mae Sariang, Mae Sot...and from there there are several options

From Chiang Mai, the Doi Angkhan Loop or a day trip to Doi Inthanon are nice.

If you happen to come through Chiang Dao, stop by our place and say hello.

MBT

Dec 2, 2006
If you decide to take the Pai direction be sure to keep on going through to Mae Sot via, Mae Hong Son, Khun Yuam, Mae Sariang (getting better year on year)then the trip onwards to Mae Sot (one of my favorite haunts). Doing this trip you can also include Doi Inthanon as Global Gypsy also mentions.

If your doing it on a 125 dream/wave be sure to balance the fuel stops well. I did a recent (tongue in cheek) report of this route recently found here....http://www.showpow.net/index.php?option ... &Itemid=38

Enjoy a great ride and more time in Thailand when you come.

garyk

Oct 24, 2007
Thanks for all the info.. I will be there in a week and am looking forward to the experience.. PS.. I got on ThaiKiss and every girl in town wants to show me around.. Is this for real.. I think i better be careful with the women there... I do not know.