new arrival

Dec 3, 2003
Well, I finally made to Thailand to live. I live North of Bangkok, but will make a trip to CM soon. I just received my bike from Peter at Siam Superbikes. It's a Yamaha TDM 850. Peter was a big help and delievered as promised. I recommend his shop to anyone in the Bangkok area. Once I get use to driving on the "wrong side" of the road I hope to make a few trip reports and meet many of you.

DANNIE

"what's behind me is not important"

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Welcome Dannie and let us know when you are in the north. I think you picked a great bike 95% of the riding in Thailand and Laos. There numbers are growing. I just put my TDM through a grueling 8,000km in Laos doing things they were not meant to do and it pulled me through without hesitation. (OK, a rear tire and front wheel bearings, but that was after almost 20,000km total). I

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

Dec 3, 2003
Thanks David,

That's a rough looking bunch your with in you profile, but at least their smiling. Look forward to seeing you.

DANNIE

"what's behind me is not important"

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
If you - or anybody else - plan a trip to the south, let me know, I live 400km south of Bangkok in a small village. It's a good stopover on the way south (if you don't prefer 1000km daytrips) and I can arrange accommodations for a night. - Had 30 (used) bikes in the last seven years before I came to Thailand, sort of a hobby, but ride a Phantom 200 now. Well, things change! - Enjoy your TDM, one of my favorite bikes, right after Suzuki's SV 650.

phuah

Feb 7, 2003
Hi Klaus, what about on the way North?
I am planning a trip from Singapore going to Loas in January 2005.
If you are staying in south of Bangkok, most properly I will pass-by your area, since I have to make a right turn to the east after Bangkok.