New Board :: Instructions for Registered Users

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
admin wrote: We could easliy add a special "Supporters Group" to the Forum, and those who make a $20? annual? contribution become a member of it, and can advertise all they want. Admin Guy
If you do as above mentioned, I'm in, just do it, as soon as you set it up, provide account details so we/I can transfer the 20,- bucks. Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tried anything with the new board, works fine. To David & Team, congratulations to this sucessful transition, great site, perfect layout !!
Keep up the good work !!! Cheers, Franz

Jan 12, 2003
There is a modification to BBCodes that allows video, but its not installed here. From reading the phpBB forum posts on the topic, its not without its problems :) so its not a high priority.

Regards

Admin Guy

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
This is a mail that disappeared in the transition of the board.

I am not sure if I want to Cheer with you but okey Cheers Franz...

You wrote:
"I just wonder what all the guys in Pattaya are doing other than frequently visiting the Go-Go & Beer bars because since you gave us "easterners" the possibility to post, nobody of these plenty guys have even posted one report; what are they doing the whole day, lot of them retirees with plenty of time and doing plenty of trips but no time to post some useful information other than questions or offers for sale of their private stuff..."

I am one of the guys in Pattaya but I am not frequently visiting the Go-Go bars. It is quite tough from you to claim that nobody of these plenty guys have even posted one report..... Yes I am a retiree and I have the same amount of time as anybody else, 24 hours a day, of which I use a major part to make trips. But I would claim that I have posted some useful information on the board and even some road trips and I think that I never have posted any questions or articles for sale. Sure I do not post road reports on all my trips, I think you would be tired reading them. If I am doing a trip where nothing special has happened and somebody else or myself have wrote about a similiar trip before I cannot find inspiration to make a road trip again. I also know some other guys here in Pattaya who are quite active on the board, Rhiekel, Jerry, Miketheviggo, The Pattaya Rentals guy cdrw etc so I do not really understand Your critics....

Okey I can join you in the critics that what is many Bikers in Pattaya doing, but the same critics goes to the whole Thai Farang Bike Community. WHY DON'T YOU RIDE WITH YOUR BIKES? During my last three Cambodia Laos trips I DID NOT SEE ANY FALANG BIKER ON THE ROAD (no one seen during 8000 km!!!) Are the bikes only kept and run to Toy rides or Bike weeks?? (sorry if somebody feel hurt) You can't blame the rain season because it is not a problem, You can't blame that you don't have the right bike because all trips can be done even with a scooter, you don't need a new BMW or Triumph to make a trip... SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM MAYBE SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME?

I also agree totally with David that it is boring to read some of the "newcomers" questions which have been answered tens of time before. Off course you can pity them that they f.ex don't know how to get by Motorbike to Vietnam, but since that question is clarified in many threads and answers, you can only call them lazy.... And there are plenty of these questions.

That is all and sorry if somebody feels hurt... o yeah and Cheers Franz

HIKO Just back from 3000 km in Cambo&Laos this time with enduro bikes.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Franz - Eastern Seaboard wrote: Pico, please do a speed test on your ADSL; I think that your speed for foreign websites may be too slow. I'm using both ADSL (private) and Frame-relay (office) and the startpage always comes up immediately. Contact TOT if your speed's too slow: www.speedtest.com or key in ADSL Speedtest at Google's and several choices will come up.
Cheers, Franz
There is no doubt that our ADSL speed is slow. I have the highest non-business package available from TOT and it operates at only about 25% of what they claim. This topic is addressed constantly on many other boards, and there is apparently nothing that can be done.

That is why I hope when considering upgrades and changes the slow ADSL, and in many cases NO ADSL available in some areas, is kept as a major consideration. Large Photo sizes and high bandwidth is still a problem for many.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Hiko, sorry didn't mean to upset you as you're very active with your postings (same as Richard, Jerry,...), BUT you know which guys I'm getting at, I mean, everytime I go for doing my monthly shopping in Pattaya, I see masses of big bikes with well clad farang on them (so no tourists, some of them members at GTR) but you don't see any posts. We don't want to end up with only 5-6 people doing something and the rest nothing. Naturally we should have at least an active EASTERN group as there's more riders than in CNX (just a subjective estimate by myself). Just want to get them doing something.....So now its Cheers, Franz :D