New Kawasaki 800 in Chiang Mai.

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
New Kawasaki 800 in Chiang Mai.

There was a big crowd checking out these Kawasaki 800’s.

It was a good chance to try out my new camera.

They look pretty good.

All yours for 37500 baht.

kawasaki8001.jpg

kawasaki8002.jpg

kawasaki8003.jpg

kawasaki8004.jpg

kawasaki8005.jpg

kawasaki8006.jpg

kawasaki8007.jpg

Moto-Rex

Jan 9, 2011
Sounds great. But the engine looks small, comparison with the FZ8's.
Let's see which one do you like better?

Yamaha-FZ8.jpg

13_FZ8_Black_3_RGB.jpg

Jul 8, 2011
Is it just me or are the latest Kawa's a bit over designed?

Look at that clutch cover..:crazy:

Aug 25, 2012
@MotoRex - I think you missed out a 0 there :)

These have been selling in Bkk already the past two months. Note however that this is the non-ABS version.

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
yychow0812;294665 wrote: @MotoRex - I think you missed out a 0 there :)

These have been selling in Bkk already the past two months. Note however that this is the non-ABS version.
Lol. Yeh your right. Can you imagine how many zeros you would need if the price was in Lao Kip.

Dec 4, 2012
Only did around 300km before going back to work, but first impressions are good.
Just about perfect for Thai roads. Not stupidly fast but plenty power.
Both seats appear to be constructed with recycled barbed wire and crushed glass. I don't like the exhaust but have bought a road legal Akrapovic. Gearing is alittle low for my driving style so may drop a couple of teeth on rear sprocket.
All in well worth the cash, origionally wanted the Z1000 but couldn't justify the price, will spend the difference on shiney bits instead.

Aug 29, 2011
jimmyklx;297428 wrote: Only did around 300km before going back to work, but first impressions are good.
Just about perfect for Thai roads. Not stupidly fast but plenty power.
Both seats appear to be constructed with recycled barbed wire and crushed glass. I don't like the exhaust but have bought a road legal Akrapovic. Gearing is alittle low for my driving style so may drop a couple of teeth on rear sprocket.
All in well worth the cash, origionally wanted the Z1000 but couldn't justify the price, will spend the difference on shiney bits instead.
I agree, the seat is damn hard & uncomfortable just going around the block on the Kawasaki test ride bike!! Maybe buy a GEL pad & cut it into the OEM seat will improve things.

You made a good choice with the Akrapovic, it seems to be the only exhaust that that utilizes the Kawasaki mid section servo butterfly valve & from what I hear from various z8 owners here, has a much smoother low & mid range performance with the added back pressure or it's just a better made exhaust.

I saw a z800 being revved up thru the gears on a paddock stand in a tire shop last month & the bike was doing a 150kmh on the clock!! Be aware that the speedo sensor is on the crank & not from the front wheel, so dropping teeth will greatly effect the true speedo reading. (i think) :geek1:

It's a great bike & good value for money...enjoy :happy2:

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
NickyBKK;294660 wrote: Is it just me or are the latest Kawa's a bit over designed?

Look at that clutch cover..:crazy:
I think so, too. The headlight area looks like out of a manga! But that's probably what the kids want these days. Or maybe I'm getting old. :)

But Honda isn't going overboard with the design...?