New to Chiang Mai

Jul 18, 2009
Hi Guys and Gals, just a note to introduce ourselves to the forum. My wife and I have just moved up to Chiang Mai and are keen to get involved in the biking scene in Northen Thailand. We both ride and have just spent the last 5 years in Kuala Lumpur where we were actively involved in the biking scene there. During this time weve been fortunate enough to have ridden extensively throughout Indochina. Have experienced some really amazing things on two wheels and looking forward to sharing more of the same with some of you people.
Thanks for accepting us into this forum

Gary and Sandra

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Gary & Sandra

Welcome to GTR and when you guys hop on the bikes and heading to Isaan and or Ubon please drop me a note and will have coffee or something stronger.

CM has a lot to offer when biking and guys up there are just awesome, enjoy and when you are doing some rides please post some pictures and story of your trips.

Again warmly welcome

Jul 18, 2009
Thanks Marco, will do once we find ourselves the right bikes. For some months leading up to our move we have been looking at Thai bikes for sale on the internet and at first glance we thought wow, great so many for sale but then reality sets in and have found that 90% of them have no tax paid or legitimate papers. Learning more everyday ...

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Hi there Gary & welcome to the forum.

The Dragstar is still in prison, believe it or not, now it;s been over a week and it's doing my head in!

prison1300.jpg
prison2300.jpg

Hope you enjoy Chiang Mai & maybe see you on a Thursday evening at some stage along with the Pikey Clubbers :wink:

Ally

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Gary & Sandra
Welcome to Chiang Mai & GT Rider.
It's always good to see new riders on the forum.
I hope you can get a bike soon & start riding this wonderful area.
What sort of bike are you guys after? Do you have a budget?

If you can please drop by the UN Irish Pub tomorrow for MotoGP. 3.45Pm is the start of the coverage.

I usually hang out in the Kafe, most evenings after 9.30PM.
Thursdays Pikey & Co are at the Number 1 Bar.
Ian Bungy is at his X-Centre joint "supervising" the troops most days.

Look forward to meeting you & hearing about some of your Indochina bike adventures.

Jul 18, 2009
Thank you everybody. At the moment were in KL , packing our belongings so we can get the heck out of here. Will be back in Chiang Mai permenantly in the next 2-3 weeks .

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Welcome here Sandra and Gary!

Chiang Mai and GT-Rider are great places both...

:wink:

And good luck in your search to find your bikes. And don't worry: many opportunities to get true registered ones... Just sometimes better not to be in a hurry... and make the true good choice IMHO.

Hope to meet you,
Gobs