Obkahn to Samoeng offroad

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Today we had the pleasure to finish a track we weren’t able to pass thru during the rainy season. https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t4226.html. Last year in the rainy season we had a long bath in the river without even wanting it. This time everything went smooth and we could climb the mountain to come out somewhere near Samoeng.

We started at 11 am at George’s house, drove thru the Rajaphuark Park and passed Wat Doi Kam and took the offroad shortcut half way to Samoeng. At the big mine, that you can see from the mainroad we took a left and managed our way thru to Obkahn National Park. This time we didn’t have to register with the headquarters and kept riding.
Instead of turning left to go to the Waterfall we continued riding offroad until this section here:
DSCF5285.jpg

Just left from this spirit house is the offroad track going from Obkahn to Samoeng

DSCF5287.jpg

The river and the old man

DSCF5290.jpg

Nothing to fancy here just got stuck for nothing

DSCF5291.jpg

Life’s a bitch – so am I

DSCF5292.jpg

D’ crossing the river
DSCF5296.jpg

Chuck Norris aka George makes all the difference…..

DSCF5309.jpg

How steep is your love?

DSCF5313.jpg

….probably steep enough…..

DSCF5317.jpg

Xr 250 stuck also called D-Tracker, because it’s D’s tracker

DSCF5318.jpg

Can you feel the heat in your meat?

DSCF5320.jpg

Chuck Norris preparing for a stunt.

DSCF5323.jpg

D’s tracker deeply involved…….

DSCF5334.jpg

Log bouncing

DSCF5336.jpg

Very nice passage here. D got stuck between two trees and went downhill for about 10 meters. Bend handlebar, broken choke, broken hand protectors. After this little stunt his bike wouldn’t start again, so we had to pull it up the hill. Needless to say, that after that we were totally exhausted.

DSCF5345.jpg

Is this narrow enough?

DSCF5348.jpg

Chuck Norris aka George trying to kick start D’s bike without success

DSCF5350.jpg

Trying to fix the bike, without success….

DSCF5355.jpg

Invasion of flies …….what you cannot see here, we were surrounded by thousand of tiny little flies

DSCF5360.jpg

We had to push D’s bike up the hill until we reached nicer terrain

DSCF5361.jpg

DSCF5363.jpg

DSCF5366.jpg

After that Chuck Norris aka George drove G’s bike, that I pulled with a rope until Samoeng. Back in Samoeng we filled our hungry stomachs with some nice Noodle Soup and some cold water. Another attempt pulling D’s bike to get it running again was successful and George rode D’s bike back home.

The total of this trip was only 75 km, but with all the incidents and unexpected failures it took us almost 5 hours to get trough there. I’m happy because now I finally managed to ride this track in full length and I don’t regret any minute of it.

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Here's the obligatory video from today's trip. Check out D's accidental wheely. I think it's very funny.

Dazza

Aug 25, 2008
Good stuff Rudi, couldn't make it yesterday as my Mum's last day in Thailand and had to do the family thing.

Going to work today until end of April, hope to go riding with you and Chuck again at that time.

That hill looks pretty steep + rutted out!

Darren

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Hi Darren,
yeah we missed you yesterday, anyway we'll do some more riding when you're back.......and f... yeah it was steep. D' realy had some problems with his bike and the hill.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Nice one Saxonator & co - talk about on any "Monday" (or was it on a Sunday your ride?).
You guys are having too much fun beating up our bikes & bodies.
Oh to be "young & stupid" again eh?
Thanks for the contribution once again.

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Sawadee Loong David krahp,

kop khun maak krap samlap took sing to yang. Or in other words, thanks for your comment. I think young and stupid is the only way to go.

Cheers Rudi :lol: :D :eek: :wink: :roll: :shock: 8)

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
You guys really do some extreme enduro stuff. As usual great action photos. It shows that there are still areas around CM that many of us have not seen. Great stuff there Rudi :lol:

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Thanks David,
apreciate your nice comment. Nowadays everybody is going offroad somewhere and what used to be remote years back is now as busy as the night bazaar and you even gotta watch when you speed around the corner in the jungle. There might be two tourist on a honda dream driving on your side. I allways liked the remote staff, where only very few are able to go.

Cheers Rudi

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Hi Happy Feet,

one of my great secrets is riding without a map and never take any notice of where I pass. To be honest I don't know if we came out on the besaid road. Anyway it seems to be true that the last 15 km or so is tarmac. But that was only an option because of so many delays and as Mr. D. is not yet that experienced doing the crazy shit, it took much longer then expected, so we had no other choice then getting back on the tarmac. Anyway I will be more precise next time and probably gonna make some little notices so others are more likely to find the tracks.

Thanks for the post.

Saxonator

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Happy Feet wrote: Hi Rudi
I was out riding in Obkhan area on Sunday and recognized the spirit house turn-off from your posted picture as Luke had only showed me your post a few days before.
It led me through the lumyai orchards and through numerous creek crossing's before the track turned single line and made its way up the mountain through the forest.
I came to a t intersection and decided to turn right and head towards the 1269 as It was 4pm and a little late to be riding to Samoeng. the track from the spirit house to 1269 took about 20 minutes
and came out near the village of Huai Kwang.

I was pretty excited to come back and finish riding your track to Samoeng on Wednesday with Luke, as it was nice trail, and if we entered at near Huai Kwang there was only a short section of tarmac to ride from another trail i discovered from Doi Pui .
However we could not find the trail leading anywhere else except for farms?
did we miss something or did you meet back to the 1269 and ride about 15km into Samoeng on tarmac?

Happy Feet
Any photos to share??