Old Bikes in New Zealand.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Just back from a Month long visit back to New Zealand and had a Great Time catching up with Mates and checking out their Toys. Glad to be Back in Hot Thailand after the Cold of an NZ Winter!!!
A Couple of Old Bikes that May interest some of You Guys? I don't know many Details so You Guys with all the Knowledge on these things can Enlighten Us, Hiko?

This Vincent belongs to Dave Pratt. What I thought interesting is His Uncle Brought it New and it has spent Years sitting in a Shed before Dave recovered it and plans to Restore it! It is also one of the few Single Cylinder Models I have ever seen?

DSCN7893Small_zpsb8d41bce.jpg

DSCN7891Small_zpsc5190e9e.jpg

This is another Mate's AJS. I don't know many details of this Bike and His plan is to leave it as is and just Ride it!

DSCN7945Small_zps402e98f9.jpg

DSCN7944Small_zps33b86da1.jpg

So feel Free to Fill Us in on the Details of What these Bikes are anyone?

May 27, 2009
the vincent looks like a vincent comet or a meteor which were similar bikes using a 500 single.First designed in about 1935 and went until about 1955.lovely bikes.cheers Greg

Aug 3, 2012
The AJS looks like (about) 1957 500cc. I don't think it is a 600/650 as I am reasonably sure they all had cast-alloy primary chain cases. This example has the earlier pressed-steel variety. I don't think the Siamese exhaust system is original. The AMC version at about that time had a longer LH header that extended straight down before crossing over. Hope this helps.