On/offroad tyres and heavy duty innertubes in Chiang Mai

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Hello folks

Any idea of where to look for on/offroad tyres in Chiang Mai and heavy duty innertubes?

Have been at Piston shop and Cockpit Hang Dong rd and both can supply Karoo 3 and Cockpit can supply Anakee 3 too.
Karoo 3 will do but its not my first choiche of tyres. I am lookin for Heidenau K60 scout, or K 76, Shinko 705, Kenda 761 or similar. Any suggestions?

Also need heavy duty innertubes 17'. Piston shop said his supplier was out of stock and it be a month until they got them back in stock. Cockpit just had thin ones.
Where to look for this?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 30, 2010
You can order them from k. Boy in Chinatown bkk if not available in cnx

Need to find the card and addres, will share here

Cheers
Brian

J

Javawa

Dodraugen;304430 wrote:
Also need heavy duty innertubes 17'. Piston shop said his supplier was out of stock and it be a month until they got them back in stock. Cockpit just had thin ones.
Where to look for this?

Thanks in advance!
Heavy duty innertubes:

Try either of these. Big Bendum, 481 Santiphab Road, Tel: 02-222-7535

or

Dumrong Yang Yont, 453 Maitrichit Road, Tel: 02-222-3789

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Tyres ok by now, but Heavy Duty innertubes 17' fitting a rear rim seems to very difficult to catch in Thailand. Tried the first telephone number mentioned above and they promised me they had a real heavy duty innertube and I ordered it up to Chiang Mai, not without complications though. However - the tube they sent me was as thick as them rubbers you normally buy at 7-11.... The other shop mentioned above was at least honest and said they didnt have any.

Nat at Piston Shop have thick innertubes, but unfortunelately only 16' and 18'-21'.

So if anyone know where to buy 17' 3-4 mm thick innertubes in Thailand - what they often refer to as Ultra Heavy Duty tubes, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

jimboy

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 28, 2010
South-East Asia
www.asserogear.com
I bought some 17" heavy duty inner tubes from Tesco on the Hang Dong road last year. Trouble is, I think they stopped stocking them shortly after (along with the heavy duty Michelin tyres they were carrying). It might be worth having a look next time you go past.