Osm Opentopo Map + Garmin Download

Oddvar

Subscribed
Mar 18, 2013
I came over a "All in one" webpage with OSM map and a Topo map and a Garmin download page.
All in one web page. Not bad.
Opentopo1.png

This is the normal OSM map. Click the menu link in the upper right corner for menu to change to Topo map.

Opentopo2.png

The Topo map give better details as a topo map is meant to do.

Opentopo3.png

Click the Garmin link in the upper right corner to come to the Garmin Download page.
This page do not have Thailand and the surrounding countries, yet.
Nightrider's Garmin Map for SE Asia is still the best Garmin map for Thailand for motorcycle road and offroad riding.

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
I do not know what it is ...
I downloaded and installed the Nightrider map some years ago in my Zumo 660. For some reason - after a time - it causes the GPS to crash. Power goes out, screen goes dark. Nada
Reboot unit, and sometimes it works for days, sometimes for minutes, sometimes not at all. Deleted it, repeated it with a fresh download - still the same. FYI - the Garmin map never causes this to happen.

Oddvar

Subscribed
Mar 18, 2013
Canthai. Sounds like we will fix it over a beer next time we meet. :)

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Would like that. Thanks. Just checked out the Carpe on your other thread - NICE !

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com

Oddvar

Subscribed
Mar 18, 2013
I think a second hand phone with a large display is the way to go. Can be replaced in any town in Thailand. Some silicone and DIY will make it waterproof.
I am sure more wifi/bluetooth handlebar controllers will be coming. And a UI app that will lock it to the apps needed for riding.

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
I have had No luck with any GPS and stuff I brought. Gavin had a good Idea, He uses a Chinese Military Phone for His GPS so as not to Risk Your Good Expensive Unit which carries Your Life on it nowadays on the Bike? The Unit He has is this:
฿8,700.00 -44% | OUKITEL WP6 Ip68 Rugged Waterproof Smartphone MT6771T Octa Core 9V/2A 10000mAh Battery 48MP Triple Camera 6GB 128GB Mobile Phone | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.XgbPl
Just got this fone myself. Well pleased. OSM and GMaps work just fine with no SIM card.
Thing is built like a tank ! Gotta make sure my fone mount is up to the task - but it has a place to hook a lanyard, so will use a loop of Velcro as a second containment.

PS - thought I added a UTube to this topic but it has disappeared

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Just got this fone myself. Well pleased. OSM and GMaps work just fine with no SIM card.
Thing is built like a tank ! Gotta make sure my fone mount is up to the task - but it has a place to hook a lanyard, so will use a loop of Velcro as a second containment.

PS - thought I added a UTube to this topic but it has disappeared

The link is not right
1607749298450.png

not sure exactly what the right link is or I would fix it