Pai Back

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
A quick blast for an overnighter to meet up with the lads from Bkk.
Got away from the super at 3.10Pm & arrived in Pai 2 1/4 grs later after a quick drink "splash 'n go" stop at Mae Sae.
Checked into Pichai ghouse in the centre of town, waiting for Sukie & co to turn up.
I was early or they had no phone signal.
After a shower & coffee I settle into a 2 hr massage & the phone goes off mid-way. We're in town eating & drinking & talking bikes come on down to Baan Pai.
The massage gets cut off 15 mins later & I catch up to the boys.
A slow but good night follows, but hell Pai was extremely quiet that night.

Next day meet up at Sipsongpanna Resort to ride back with the boys...
357225182_rgFz2-M.jpg

Getting ready to ride..
357225212_fQBFV-M.jpg

The road gets wet 'n greasy up on the ridgeline & we stop for a view & photo on a nice long U-Turn bend.
357225158_KnkcX-M.jpg

357225199_L2ydb-M.jpg

Aha..... Stopped for a photo in the middle of nowhere & the Walls Icecream man rocks up. Amazing Thailand.
So what better to do but all have an ice cream beside the road & laugh about what a great country this to be in & ride...
357225230_axNJr-M.jpg

Get back on the bikes & 500 meters later we stop to re-adjust the bike tied down in the back of the pickup for the guy with the cracked collar bone...
357225281_f8Y3t-M.jpg

At the Papae turn off it's a drink stop & the dirt riders head off to Samoeng.
357225300_skh4s-M.jpg

I head on home alone to Cnx on the AT.

Another good weekend ride & NO RAIN GEAR necessary. You guys who aren't riding because of the cloudy skies are missing out.

Tia

Apr 11, 2008
Hi David,

Thank you for your map .I got it from Sukie.Hope to c u again soon in Chiang Mai.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I did a quick up and back run to Pai yesterday. On the way up the road was in excellent condition as far as the asphalt is concerned, but very dirty in places. I was dodging rain showers and only a few K of wet pavement. :D

I had a short lunch and headed home as the skies opened up! They are doing a lot of drainage ditch digging and other work on the sides of the road. In the heavy rain these all overflowed and washed loads of mud and debris onto the road. On top of this the trucks carried mud onto the road from the construction areas.

In summary, the ride up was green, nice and fun. The ride back to CNX, not so much :cry:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Tia wrote: Hi David,

Thank you for your map .I got it from Sukie.Hope to c u again soon in Chiang Mai.
Tia
No trouble mate - I hope you put the map to good use.
It was a pleasure to meet up with you guys in Pai.
I hope all is well for you in Bkk & you will soon have your Honda big bikes for sale on the market. A Transalp 700 first please!

I sent you an email, please acknowledge receipt, so that I know I have
the right address.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Funny how it goes...... A quiet dinner rendezvous with a couple of RTW bikers at the Kafe & a few extra ales & few extra stragglers turn up.....

So

Thurs 9.30 AM meet at the Kafe for brekky to exchange shock absorbers.
Yep that's right RobertH is offering a loan of one of his standard Africa Twin shocks to Claudio (an AT mechanic from Switz) to install in Ruth's 600 Transalp while their YSS shock is being rebuilt in Bkk.
Thurs arvo the RTW biker girls Helen & Ruth will go shopping while the boys drink beer, talk shop & watch Claudio install the AT shock in the Transalp. Fun fun fun!

THEN....

Friday late morning
Meet at the Kafe
LATE start & all off to Pai for the night.
The Cnx GT rider contingent returning to Cnx on Saturday (to watch MotoGP at the UN Irish on Sunday) while the RTW bikers
Helen BMW F650
Clemente BMW F650
Ruth Transalp 600
Claudio Africa Twin 750
continue on around the Mae Hong Son loop
sounds like a lot of fun.

+ GT Riders firmly & inebriatedly committed
DavidFL
RobertH
MotoRex
Silverhawk
Richard
Ben The SEO Guy

++Interested....?

Then Swing by the Kafe at the appropriate times.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl wrote: Funny how it goes...... A quiet dinner rendezvous with a couple of RTW bikers at the Kafe & a few extra ales & few extra stragglers turn up.....

So

Thurs 9.30 AM meet at the Kafe for brekky to exchange shock absorbers.
Yep that's right RobertH is offering a loan of one of his standard Africa Twin shocks to Claudio (an AT mechanic from Switz) to install in Ruth's 600 Transalp while their YSS shock is being rebuilt in Bkk.
Thurs arvo the RTW biker girls Helen & Ruth will go shopping while the boys drink beer, talk shop & watch Claudio install the AT shock in the Transalp. Fun fun fun!

THEN....

Friday late morning
Meet at the Kafe
LATE start & all off to Pai for the night.
The Cnx GT rider contingent returning to Cnx on Saturday (to watch MotoGP at the UN Irish on Sunday) while the RTW bikers
Helen BMW F650
Clemente BMW F650
Ruth Transalp 600
Claudio Africa Twin 750
continue on around the Mae Hong Son loop
sounds like a lot of fun.

+ GT Riders firmly & inebriatedly committed
DavidFL
RobertH
MotoRex
Silverhawk
Richard
Ben The SEO Guy

++Interested....?

Then Swing by the Kafe at the appropriate times.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Aha, the best of inebriated plans.
The AT shock doesn't quite fit the Transalp without modifications, so no go for the Transalp.
379952663_9mNmJ-M.jpg

379952686_8RS7x-M.jpg

& our RTW riders are off on the MHS loop today - Thursday.

Helen with the F650
379952772_S4wYJ-M.jpg

Clemente with the F650
379952837_TWJpy-M.jpg

Claudio & Ruth doubled up on the Africa Twin
379952846_Tnauu-M.jpg

and no departure tomorrow for the Cnx GT Riders.

Claudio is a bike mechanic & loves ATs. This is his third Africa Twin & it is pretty tricked out.
379952753_yHnrE-M.jpg

379952775_St5gD-M.jpg

Check out Claudio's website at
http://www.claudioangelini.ch/

Check out Ruth's website at
http://ruthknichtl.followmysteps.de/