Pattaya Calling

See Will

Aug 10, 2018
Hello to the biker Community of S/E Asia and hangarounds from around the world.

After 5 years of abstinence I will be back on two wheels.
5 years ago I felt getting too old to ride in Thailand so I sold my Heritage.
It was five years agony and pain and as I passed the Royal Enfield Shop in Pattaya just 3 days I went offshore again (3rd of May till now nonstop) there is no hold anymore. I want that 500cc beauty...
...and as I was scrolling though this forum I have seen that BSA also want to be back on the road...
I want that beauty too ;-))..

I have found some comments about the Enfield, it seems to me that the nickname 'Royal Oilfied' is out of date and the Bollywood Vibrator does her miles without struggle.. (for me she is still English)

Hopefully I get soon home (may be two or three month more to go) money in the bank and off to the shop. After I hope to meet some lads in this forum for a ride after the first 500 Km Oil is drained (I give it 24 hrs in the engine as soon the bike is delivered)
Its hard to stay of old habits. ;-)

GTR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2016
Thailand
I feel your pain and suffering after 5 years of no biking... :)

I went bikeless for almost 4 years due to a house building project, so I know what it is like! The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Chrome was high on my list of purchase options, but I ended up with a Honda Rebel 500 for 2 reasons; 1.) I love that style of bike and 2.) it has a bit more horsepower

That said, I do think the new Royal Interceptor 650 will be a very interesting bike when they hit the shops - hopefully next year. However, attractive as they are, I could not wait another year...
interceptor_banner.jpg

Reactions: Ian Bungy

Fritzltouw

Ol'Timer
Jun 1, 2018
Bangkok
Hey, I'm in BKK but i just did the same thing, bought a RE Himalayan after several years not riding. 2,500km now and as happy as can be. Not lightning fast but great off road and good ergonomics. Hope you can start riding soon.

CKBKK

Sep 21, 2018
Bangkok/Minburi
hey,

same here, i did not ride for some years either and now happiely back on two wheels,
just waiting for the plates to arrive and then aim ready to go.

Let me know, it would be nice if we could ride together.

chris