Pattaya to Hua hin any advise on route?

Feb 12, 2007
Im planning a beach run on my Phantom.From Pattay to Hua hin anyone have any roads they recomend.Im trying to skirt Bangkok a bit and miss the worst of it. I have looked in the form but cannot find any info about this,Thanks in advance,Al

Oct 1, 2005
I may be wrong, but there is not too much of a way to avoid BKK..... You can't take the car expressway which apparently is very good and quick.

Heading through BKK, try and come in on the 304 from Chaechangsao if you can (if you have time take a detour up to Pachinburi and khao yai to get a fix of really clean air and peace before heading into the smoky bowels of the city).

Once in town head across town via either Rama IV or Sukhumvit (doesn't matter which one.... They are both awful)....... Then do a left at Sathorn and all the way down straight on across the river..... Follow the mainroad until you get to a major right and then left your aim being to get on Phet kasem (the most bearable road out going West)...... Follow Phet kasem and its continuation until Nakhon Pathom or even Ban Pong...... Then stop...... have a very large and very cold beer ....... Breath out and drop south Petcheburi (beautiful town) and the Cha'Am and Hua Hin..... All nice. You can head on to Rama II earlier..... But its a complete bastard.

Don't ignore Kang Krachan National park to your right as you drive south from Petcheburi.... Its underated...... Mountains, lakes etc. South of Pranburi is sam Roi Yot..... All good. See previous thread for info.....

awabms

Jan 8, 2006
I heard there is a bridge which is just completed crossing the river from samut prakan district to Highway 35.Hopefully tourism authority of Thailand could confirm these

Jun 1, 2008
Yes, Google map show it. But I dont know, its also for BB. Try it cant cost more than THB 200,00 penalty. If you are fast enough, nothing. Save one hr. inside BKK. We wiill try it also for BURAPA

Eddy SRT

Dec 24, 2007
When I make my run in a few months time I'll be trying it.

I'll keep this post flagged for when I do. Either it's doable or it isn't I guess...

Jul 17, 2007
awabms wrote: I heard there is a bridge which is just completed crossing the river from samut prakan district to Highway 35.Hopefully tourism authority of Thailand could confirm these
Saphan Wong Wan, from Rama III to Suksawat. Bikes aren't allowed on there but I use it often. Huge short cut, especially when used with the start of the southern ring road from Suksawat to the Bang Bon area of Rama II. It's a real blast.
The entrance to the elevated ring road section is here 13"37'54.97"N 100º31"49.67"E and if coming from Sapan Wong Wan exit you'll need to u-turn along Suksawat. They are in the process of building toll booths (not on the bridge) but they're not yet operational. Check out your GPS or Google Earth.
Slightly risky but you'll see other bikes on there and if you open up the throttle and bomb along in the right lane, the filth shouldn't catch you. :wink:

awabms

Jan 8, 2006
Rustic Charm wrote: [quote quote=awabms]I heard there is a bridge which is just completed crossing the river from samut prakan district to Highway 35.Hopefully tourism authority of Thailand could confirm these
Saphan Wong Wan, from Rama III to Suksawat. Bikes aren't allowed on there but I use it often. Huge short cut, especially when used with the start of the southern ring road from Suksawat to the Bang Bon area of Rama II. It's a real blast.
The entrance to the elevated ring road section is here 13"37'54.97"N 100º31"49.67"E and if coming from Sapan Wong Wan exit you'll need to u-turn along Suksawat. They are in the process of building toll booths (not on the bridge) but they're not yet operational. Check out your GPS or Google Earth.
Slightly risky but you'll see other bikes on there and if you open up the throttle and bomb along in the right lane, the filth shouldn't catch you. :wink:
mmm....In that case what is the best alternative for a biker from highway 35 heading to pattaya to escape bangkok traffic?

Or the best option is:(some info on the net)

" In Samut Prakan, if we want to go to the other side of the river we can take the passenger ferry at Paknam Market to Phra Samut Chedi for only 2 baht. There are no bridges across the Chao Phraya river in Samut Prakan Province. So, if we want to go by car, we have to head towards Bangkok and then take the car ferry at the end of Sukaswat Road for 20 baht."