Pikey's Border Tour.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
On Wednesday the 1st of June Pikey had organised a Ride to the North so a few of the Guys decided to turn it into a Visa Run and from there what started out a small group just kept Growing. We first all Meet at the X-Centre and there was a lot of Bikes!
DSC08466Small.jpg

Took a quick Group Photo of some of Us!
DSC08469Small.jpg

There were so many different Bikes the Group really Spread out, Most of Us eventually meet up again at Mae Sai and went across the Border to check out the Bike Gear. Some reasonable stuff available. Back into Thailand, Lunch and We were off to Chiang Kong. This was a eventful trip with people getting separated, going different ways one even Run off the Road but no damage! We arrived and Checked into the Namkong Riverside Hotel. A Good Place to stay. A quick Clean Up and time for a get together in their Restaurant overlooking the Mekong! A Great Night ensued! Next Morning it was a Very slow start and after a Tortuous few Hours of Waiting for the Slugs to get out of bed We were finally on the Road again! Of Course given the Frustration of waiting in all Our Gear again some of the Group got separated!!! The Remainder took a scenic Ride through the Back Roads up over Phu Chi Fa Guided by locals David & Mai, Thanks, Very Nice Trip! After Lunch the Group again Split up with Myself and Con Heading Back to CM while some others took different Routes to Phayao Lake for another Night! It was a real Fun Trip and hope to Repeat it again. I have More Photos but alot are Repeats of Marks which I believe are of a better Quality so You can take a look at His here if You are interested:
https://picasaweb.google.com/105979625890750160672/NorthernThailandBikeRide?authkey=Gv1sRgCMrD_KOw3NH_5QE&feat=directlink

Oct 26, 2009
What a great few days, lucky with the weather. Lots of different bikes and interesting people. Cant wait to do it all again........