Re-chroming?

Aug 15, 2011
I'm interested in getting both wheels of my Drag Star re-chromed. Has anyone had any good experiences with getting this done in northeastern Thailand? I'm in UTH.

If you know of someplace that might have replacement wheels that are in good shape, I would entertain that, too!

Thanks!

bung

Feb 6, 2006
I asked a well known Farang customiser this very question here in CM and he said he sends his stuff to BKK to get a proper job....

Powder coating them black or something may be an option? Or order in some alloy replacements (cheaper shipping)?

Aug 15, 2011
bung;271071 wrote: I asked a well known Farang customiser this very question here in CM and he said he sends his stuff to BKK to get a proper job....

Powder coating them black or something may be an option? Or order in some alloy replacements (cheaper shipping)?

Bung, I was thinking the same. Go flat black powder coat and let 'er rip.

Thanks for the feedback!

bung

Feb 6, 2006
Depending on the coulour of your bike of course but I have seen a few black bikes with black rims lately and it looks cool. One thing the locals do well here is lace up rims too!

Aug 15, 2011
Captain Wally;271149 wrote: Chiang Mai

Click on the link @#7 and all will be revealed :thumbup:
Captain, appreciate it! I saw Richco appearing as a URL, but ignored it thinking that 'Ricohoc' had been typoed.

Thank you very much, my fellow biker!