the locals are saying it's an easy fix
the bike has only done 3200klms
Do i ignore their advice and buy a new tyre
i have been quoted 6900b from kawasaki
I

Jan 14, 2010
Oct 20, 2012
I am back in LOS tomorrow and i have found a tyre off a shop in BKK
It is the original brand tyre that came with the Versys for 5350b + 200b delivery
That is quite a saving on the 6900b that Kawasaki wanted
This is his email address, [email protected] he is in BKK and he answers Email

Jan 4, 2014
jimbobs;303129 wrote: I am back in LOS tomorrow and i have found a tyre off a shop in BKK
It is the original brand tyre that came with the Versys for 5350b + 200b delivery
That is quite a saving on the 6900b that Kawasaki wanted
This is his email address, [email protected] he is in BKK and he answers Email
Any more info on the shop? i.e. name, area etc. Thanks

Dec 27, 2007
The OEM Versys tires are crap tho... :/
Common gripe in past reviews are the "wooden" tires.
You can do much better at that price point.

Oct 20, 2012
It's just to get me back on the road Tony
i will pumP for good 50/ 50 tyres now ime back
i have been getting a lot of tyre punctures because if the area Ime in

the bike only has About 3000 klms on it and since you sorted tha klx and I have been using the ZX6r I havnt been using it much
i wil upgrade once I know what I want and it is just a spare for when my mates come who will not ride it hard
its just a spare at the moment and will have the scrambler, Gs800 or the tiger later on next year so I will just see how it goes
i respect your input you know that but untill I start riding it properly it will do mate

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
No repairs !! Only new tyres !! (only repair to be done are on the profiled areas and should be only temporary as having a flat at higher speeds is not fun at all) 50/50 ? Have you ever tried Pirellis MT60 ?? You'll find them very good also on tarmac and without a question the best one can get right now for dual use. Not cheap though but body protection, brakes and tyres one should not be a Khee-neow as hopefully also you value your life as something priceless. What's the point in having a "hundreds of thousands THB bike" and fitting "Satang gear" onto it.................;)