rebore run in

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Where/who did rebore? There are differing opinions depending on quality of the job. The most important things is to bed in the rings, not simply glaze them. So about three 20 min cycles of full load low speed runs allowing the engine to cool down in between (heat cycles). Do some surfing there is lots of info available. If you simply ride around for 500kms or as they do in Indonesia leave the bike idling for an hour all you do is the glazing thing.

Dec 17, 2006
no idea who did it,i bought bike after rebore-but was told mechanic was best around+did thorough job-seems to be true,done 800k,s on it now+not using any oil.so supose its run in now!guy who sold it was very fair+let me test bike for 2 days-in which time i did roughly wot uve said.only bad thing is heat seems to go up after 200k-which i,d put down to luggage i,m carryin+me!its only small!

Dec 17, 2006
no idea who did it,i bought bike after rebore-but was told mechanic was best around+did thorough job-seems to be true,done 800k,s on it now+not using any oil.so supose its run in now!guy who sold it was very fair+let me test bike for 2 days-in which time i did roughly wot uve said.only bad thing is heat seems to go up after 200k-which i,d put down to luggage i,m carryin+me!its only small!

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote:

Originally posted by howwwyyy

done 800k,s on it now+not using any oil.so supose its run in now!

Change the oil if you haven't done so already. 100% synthetic Shell Rimula is best if you can find it and want to pay for it. Semi-sythetic oil isn't worth the bottle it come in.