Rent a Bonneville t100 in Chiang Mai

Mungkoot

Sep 6, 2022
Does anybody know a place, where I can rent a Triumph t 100 in Chiang Mai? I‘ll get my own one here in germany in May and would like to test-ride it when I am in CM. (Actually the main reason is: I can‘t wait to drive my bonny)
Thanks for you answer,
Mungkoot

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com

Deano747

Subscribed
Aug 24, 2008
I rented 2 from TBB's back when they were doing rentals in the mid teens, and did around 2,500 kms on them all over the top of Thailand over 12 days.

They would require some serious suspension work if they were to become your tourer of choice. With any luggage on board they wallowed through corners and bumps. Front is under sprung and over damped, and rear is under everything. And yes, we did what adjustments were available. Not only my opinion, all 10 of us rode them as we swapped around between bikes. We also had a couple of Honda 500's and NC750's and V-Stroms.

Engine was good and strong, plenty of torque for the mountains and zip for the freeways, and with a couple of thousand $$'s thrown at the suspension and a small screen, they would make excellent tourers.

Mungkoot

Sep 6, 2022
I rented 2 from TBB's back when they were doing rentals in the mid teens, and did around 2,500 kms on them all over the top of Thailand over 12 days.

They would require some serious suspension work if they were to become your tourer of choice. With any luggage on board they wallowed through corners and bumps. Front is under sprung and over damped, and rear is under everything. And yes, we did what adjustments were available. Not only my opinion, all 10 of us rode them as we swapped around between bikes. We also had a couple of Honda 500's and NC750's and V-Stroms.

Engine was good and strong, plenty of torque for the mountains and zip for the freeways, and with a couple of thousand $$'s thrown at the suspension and a small screen, they would make excellent tourers.
Thanks for your detailed reply. I already tried to contact TBB a while ago. A friend checked and it seems, the place is closed. And yes, the suspension will be in my focus and on my list, when I get my own Bonnie.

Reactions: Deano747

Mungkoot

Sep 6, 2022