Renting XR 250 or 400 in Pattaya

jonny

Oct 31, 2005
Anyone have an idea on where to rent a Honda XR 250 or 400 in Pattaya. Arriving Feb 10 and intending to go Pattaya-Sihanoukville-Phnom Penh-Pattaya. Any feedback is appreciated.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
jonny wrote: Anyone have an idea on where to rent a Honda XR 250 or 400 in Pattaya. Arriving Feb 10 and intending to go Pattaya-Sihanoukville-Phnom Penh-Pattaya. Any feedback is appreciated.
Any chance of a road & trip report this time?
I see you've been asking for tips & advice since 2005, but nothing has ever come back.....some contribution would be appreciated.

jonny

Oct 31, 2005
David, I have nothing to report back as I've only done the Mae Hong Son loop. I think you have enough reports on that trip. When and if I get some good advice, I will report back.

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
HI

You can probably find some places where you can rent a 250XR the 400XR nobody rents.

Anyhow you will not be able to take a rental bike out of Thailand without the owner present at the border so forget your proposed route.

HIKO

Aug 5, 2007
Take it Easy bike rentals, Pattaya, have 4 Honda XR250's for rent all with white reg plates and are located in central Pattaya just off second road opposite soi 7&8 on Pattaya New Plaza. Daily rent 500 baht, weekly 2900 baht or monthly 10,000 baht.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
jonny wrote: David, I have nothing to report back as I've only done the Mae Hong Son loop. I think you have enough reports on that trip. When and if I get some good advice, I will report back.
Jonny
Any contribution is welcome. Everyone has a different experience, so the more reports the better,even if it is the famous Mae Hong Son loop "again." But at least you would be contributing & not looking for info again & again....

jonny

Oct 31, 2005
Rich, Thank you for the valuable info. I will definately get in touch with them.
David, When I have something to report, I will.
Hiko, Thank you for the feed back but not giving up yet.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
HIKO wrote: HI
Anyhow you will not be able to take a rental bike out of Thailand without the owner present at the border so forget your proposed route. HIKO
And, you'd need your passport to cross the border....but the rental shop will be holding it for security.
Alternately, if visiting Cambo is a must, then renting a bike in PPenh is your alternative.
In PP rent from Adventure Motos or the Bike Shop (costly remtals but reliable well maintained bikes), alternately Lucky, Lucky or New, New bike shops (shops are next to each other on Monivong) for cheaper rental prices and less reliable bikes.