Rider maintenance: dental work in Chiangmai?

Feb 15, 2009
If this is in the wrong forum, or completely out of order, please deal with it appropriately, but I'm asking the question here because I trust my fellow bikers, and some of you know Chiangmai very well.
I've discovered I'm going to be in need of some serious dental work pretty soon...and since I was planning to get back and do some more rides in Thailand's north around December this year, it seems sensible to combine the two.
Two questions: 1. IS it sensible?..or should I stick with the expensive Aussie dentist? Comments based on experience please.
2. Can anyone with personal experience recommend a good dental clinic in Chiangmai? Please message me if you don't want to be promoting any one publicly..

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Not a problem for rider maintenance advice

The guy I've used
Dr Kongkiet
Kongkiet Dental Clinic. 277 Changmoi Road.
Tel 053235479.

Just across the Somphet intersection from the Kafe.
The girlfriend has been going there very happily, after not visiting a dentist for years because she was terrified of them.
David Lek also had his teeth brought up to date, after many years neglect.
Plus I was the same.
Good work & Thai prices.
:thumbup:

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I have had a Rebuild/Upgrade done at the Dental Hospital. No Complaints besides the Money!!! If You are coming from Mae Rim when You get to the Super Highway ( Chiangmai-Lampang Rd ) Intersection at the Kuang Singha Intersection turn Right and it is a few Hundred meters along on the Left Side! Tel: 053-218867. The Dentist I used is Dr Weerachat. Nice Guy and one of the few times I have been to a Dentist and the Injections didn't Hurt :silent: I hate dentists but have finished everything now so should be right now apart from any damage or periodic maintenance :thumbup: Good Luck!

Jun 1, 2008
Not that it is helpful in relation to Chiang Mai but i can certainly speak from experience of Thai dental work. I have used a dentist in bangkok four times now. The work is superior to Kiwi dentistry and the facilties are wonderul.

The price is about 30% or so less than New Zealand

best of all, it gives me the excuse to keep coming back to Thailand :)

Jan 14, 2010
Is it sensible?

Most definitely. I live in Australia and visit Chiang Mai for dental work.
Just on my way home now after having crowns and bridge work.

I use Dr Jarunee (and her associates) at Empress dental clinic on Canal Road at Nong Kwai and am more than happy with their work.

They don't charge "Thai" prices" but very cheap compared to Aus.

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks guys...sounds like it's a goer then!! :smile1: Thanks for the recommendations too...
I'm guessing language isn't a problem?...(cos my Thai is virtually non-existent - though I'm promising myself to learn a little...)

Jan 14, 2010
oldbloke wrote: Thanks guys...sounds like it's a goer then!! :smile1: Thanks for the recommendations too...
I'm guessing language isn't a problem?...(cos my Thai is virtually non-existent - though I'm promising myself to learn a little...)
At the clinic I mentioned they are fluent in Thai (obv), English, German and I think Mandarin as well.

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Another option which wife and I have used is Ram Hosipal near Kad Suan Kaw Shooping centre in the city. Professional and a lot cheaper than Aust.

Cheers Ken F

Jun 1, 2008
oldbloke wrote: Thanks guys...sounds like it's a goer then!! :smile1: Thanks for the recommendations too...
My understanding is that a lot of these clinics have developed after the economic crash a few years ago to encourage foreign investment and money. They are therefore well set up for communication and western standards of practice.

Just be careful when you check in that it is in fact a dental surgery, I understand also a few clinics are set up for sex change operations for falang. :lol:

Jan 14, 2010
tonykiwi wrote: Just be careful when you check in that it is in fact a dental surgery, I understand also a few clinics are set up for sex change operations for falang. :lol:
Be especially careful if you ask for implants. You might get more than you bargained for. :wtf:
Instead of saying "thanks for the nice new smile doc." You might end up saying "Thanks for the mammaries." :lol-sign:

Feb 15, 2009
:lolno: I'll be sure to make certain....I'm getting a bit old to change my lifestyle THAT dramatically!!! :lol-sign:

Nov 12, 2013
Davidfl;300051 wrote: From the archives.....:) & a bump for Poompui.
Thanks,would like to get an implant done in the month I am there,if I get the work done in CM I can get some good rides in.....
Yan Hee hospital in Bangkok is a good place for dental work too...lots of other ladies there proudly parading their own "implants".

Jun 22, 2014
Ive personally used Lanna Dental clinic (just next to the Pra Singh main post office).
I found their prices reasonable and they have excellent equipment (you can watch your mouth on a screen in front of you ...as he goes at you o_O. Of course if thats not your thing, can always ask him to turn it off lol).
They made a cap for my tooth, and had the facilities to create the cap on their premises. Cap was fitted around 5 years now, maybe 6..and still going strong.

Info / directions here, if interested: http://www.chiangmailocator.com/chiang-mai-hospitals-clinics-830:lanna-dental-clinic